Saturday, January 3, 2015

Goodbye 2014

Goodbye 2014!
If you want to read about 2013, go HERE!

1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before? Went paddle boarding!! Loved it! I also went to my first Utah Symphony performance! I also got a calling as a Sunday School teacher! I was terrified.... but it's starting to grow on me! 

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year? I have given up on making actual resolutions!! I do need to be better about making short and long term goals though! 

 3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My best friend Lacey had a super cute little girl a few months ago! 


4. Did anyone close to you die? My great-aunt passed away this year. Even though she was a great-aunt, our two families did a lot together, so it was really sad to see her go! 

5. What countries did you visit? Unfortunately, none! 

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? More self-confidence! 

7. What date from 2014 will remain etched in your memory, and why? February 28th! The day I paid off my car! Such a good feeling!! 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Running my first Ragnar relay! 

9. What was your biggest failure? 
Journaling! My blog went down the tubes! And I even slacked off on my "every day- five year" journal! 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I'm pretty sure I had two sinus infections at the beginning of the year... but there were some changes to my insurance and I was too chicken to go to the doctor to actually find out. 

11. What was the best thing you bought? My new Brooks running shoes! 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My grandparent! Just because they are seriously amazing! I loved soft spoken, kind hearted grandpa! And this year, my grandma gave me my great grandmothers jewelry box! 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I have stopped watching the news because I cant stand to hear about all of the horrible people and things going on in the world! Sometimes I feel lame because I am not up-to-date on current events! But all the news focuses on is negativity, and it's just not something I want to listen to! 

14. Where did most of your money go? Student Loan payments.... one day I'll be rid of them! 

 15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to see Mockingjay two days before it was officially released!! Thanks Christine!!! 

16. What song will always remind you of 2014? All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first.... then it grew on me..... then it was on the radio ALL.THE.TIME and I got sick of it!! 

17.Compared to this time last year, are you:
     i.happier or sadder? Probably the same
     ii.thinner or fatter? Fatter... lots fatter! 
     iii.richer or poorer? I think I might actually be slightly richer! 

18.What do you wish you'd done more of? Running! 

19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Watch t.v. 

 20.How will you be spending The New Year? I spent it with my friends Miranda, Stacy and Magen! We watched movies, at junk food, took silly pictures and watched the ball drop! 

22. Did you fall in love in 2014? Same as usual.... Nope!! 

 23. Were there any books/songs/movies you didn't like? 
Really dislike the Iggy Azelea song... and I got so tired of hearing John's Legend's "All of Me". I finished the Divergent series, and while I liked the first one, I absolutely HATED the last book, Allegiant. As for movies.... I wasn't the biggest fan of Maleficent. 

24. What was your favorite TV program? Sherlock is my new favorite! But I still love Once Upon A Time! I also really like The Librarians! Drop Dead Diva is officially over, which is kind of sad! And I'm kind of bummed out by the new Doctor Who! 

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Not that I can think of! 

26. What was the best book you read? I was horrible about reading this year! I got super distracted by t.v. series! Looking back at my list, I don't know if I can say there were any books that I absolutely loved!! 

 27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I like Pompeii by Bastille.... but I can't speak for the rest of the songs! Same thing with Me and My Broken Heart by Rixton! 

28. What did you want and get? Lots of things.... I'm pretty spoiled. The game Linkee, a huge bottle of Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue perfume, a S'Well water bottle (THE best water bottle out there) and the newest One Republic CD, just to name a few! 

29. What did you want and not get? A home of my own! I'm still trying to save enough for a down payment!! I'm SO grateful to my parents for giving me a place to stay while I try to save! 

30. What was your favorite film of this year?  Mockingjay-Part 1 was my favorite!! I also liked If I Stay, The Maze Runner, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day and Divergent. 

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My last year in my 20s... SO crazy! Slept in, lunch with my friend Christine, drinks and a sugar cookie from Swig, pedicures with my mom and sister and Menchies with my dad and sister!! It was a really good birthday! 

 32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Paying off my student loans! 

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? Still love cardigans! Big fan of lace!! And I'll never get tired of pearls! 

34. Favorite vacation? I decided to change this question... it used to be "what kept you sane", which always seemed pretty dumb to me!
So, my favorite vacation this year...... probably my trip to Denver with my parents and sister! I wasn't sure what we were going to do when we got there, but it turned out really great! Denver is actually a pretty cool place! We ate at some good restaurants, saw some cool architecture and played piano on the street! 


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Benedict Cumberbatch! 

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Since I have stopped watching the news I honestly have no idea what is going on in the political world and, honestly, I like it better that way! 

 37. Who did you miss? I missed some ladies that I used to have friendships with a few years ago... sometimes moving is the worst!  

38. Who are your favorite people that you met this year? I need to put myself out there more because I can't think of any one new that I've met! 


39. Quote a song lyric that accurately summarizes this year? "No one said this would ever be easy...[I] will travel this life well worn, no matter the cost, no matter how long. [I] will leave [my] footprints and carry on"

"If life were a movie then it wouldn't end like this, left without a kiss, still she smiles...... she's talking to angels, she's counting the stars, making a wish on a passing car. She's dancing with strangers, she's falling apart, waiting for Superman to pick her up, in his arms"


It's crazy that yet another year has gone by!! Here's to hoping that some great things are accomplished this year! 

No comments: