Friday, February 27, 2015

May The Force Be With......ME! {Part 2}

We ran out of Disneyland and headed toward California Adventure. There were a bunch of spectators there and lots of them had signs! One of my favorites said “This is the worst Disneyland parade ever. Your choreography is awful”. But the absolute best signs said “May the force be with you” or “The force is strong with you”.

Now, I'm not the worlds biggest Star Wars expert, but I do know that when they refer to the force, they are basically referring to God. Every time I saw one of those signs, I read it as “May the Lord me with you” or “The Lord is strong with you”

Talk about your tender mercies. I could definitely feel all of the prayers of my family and friends, but as if that wasn't strong enough, there were signs EVERYWHERE confirming to me that the Lord was watching out for me and helping me run the race!

As I ran into the park, I got a text from my dad that said “Welcome to California Adventure”! He had been tracking me with an app that we use and it made me feel so good to know that they were keeping track of me!!

It was also at that point that I started to feel pretty dang good about my pace! I had done very little walking and I felt like I was keeping up with the crowd!

That gave me the confidence to stop and take a few pictures, and I'm so glad I did!! 





Not too long after these pictures, my costume started falling apart. Let me just first clarify that I was supposed to be Jedi Princess Aurora (can't you tell my the crown), but for some reason, people kept calling me Princess Peach. Who the heck shows up to a Disney race dressed as a Nintendo character?!?! Come of people!!! 

Any way, I had used a lot of double sided tape to try and keep my costume together, but by mile five, it no longer wanted to stick. The fabric over my shoulders kept falling off and getting in my way! So I ended up trying to run, while unpinning my race bib, taking off the fabric, and then pinning my race bib back on! Talk about multi-tasking!!

Just as I came up to the Paradise Pier hotel, the sun really started to come out! It was so pretty, but I was also grateful that it had stayed down for most of the race, keeping the air cool!!

I also got a chance to take a picture with the six mile marker!

At that point, I could heard the finish line! I decided to FaceTime my family because I wanted them to cross the finish line with me! They had done so much to get me to that point and I never would have made it without their love, encouragement, support and prayers!!

I talked to them for a few minutes and then it was time to get my medal!! SUCH a good feeling!!



Not long after that, Miranda crossed the finish line! I gave her a big hug and was so proud of her for finishing on her own!!

We had made it! We had survived!! We crossed the finish line on our own two feet.... no pacing cart required!! 




Best of all.......the “force” was with me every single step of the way.



No comments: