Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Tribute To Mom

How do you ever explain how grateful you are for your mom?
I dont think it's really ever possible!!
I thought to celebrate Mother's Day I would share some of my favorite memories of my wonderful mom!!

**She always goes above and beyond to make special occasions fantastic! I remember that my first day of 7th grade fell on my birthday. I, of course, thought it should be a holiday and didnt think I should have to go that day! But, my mom made me go. When I got to school and I started going through my backpack, I realized my mom had made me all kinds of notes telling me Happy Birthday and how much she loved me! They were in my notebooks, folders and even in my awesome Trapper Keeper!! For my college graduation party she had cheesecake because she knows how much I love it! And for my 25th birthday she got me a Nothing Bundt Cake!!
**She has been giving me special Valentines treats as long as I can remember
**She and I went on a trip together to Chicago in 2007. We wrote the "El", ate the Cheesecake Factory for the first time, saw Wicked, and did lots of shopping!! It was awesome to be on vacation just with her!!
**I remember going shopping with her at Target in California before we had them here and buying, what I thought, was the coolest outfit ever!
**I remember her braiding my hair into a million tiny pieces for girls camp my very first year
**Around 3rd or 4th grade I really wanted to be Belle for Halloween! I remember going to the DI with her and found the perfect white dress! Then I remember her dying that white dress the perfect shade of blue!!
**I remember crying to her before going on my first pioneer trek, begging her not to make me go! She cried along with me and told me I had to go anyway!
**I remember her coming to my apartment at USU and spending the night so we could go see a Jericho Road concert together
**I remember her teaching us how to play the colored eggs game in our front yard
**My mom had always been so wonderful and accommodating to my constantly changing decorating tastes!! She helped me redo my bedroom so many times!! Once I wanted my walls sponge painted purple so badly. I went to school one day, came home and found that my mom had spent the day sponge painting my room!! I was SO excited about it!!
**When I fell and broke my arm and leg I remember yelling for my mom. I knew that she would make everything better!
**I remember laying out in the backyard with her while she tanned when I was little! She had a squirt bottle full of water and every so often she would ask me to spray her legs to cool her down!! I loved it!
**I remember waking up in the morning to find her working out. She had some really awesome tapes that had sweet upbeat 80s songs on them. To this day when I hear those songs the first thing I think of is my mom working out!

My mom is truly wonderful!! I would be lost without her! There is no one else I can call and laugh with or cry to!!
THANK YOU to my mom for being a listening ear, during the good times and the bad! And for just being the amazing person she is!!

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

what a sweet tribute to your mom! she is such a great lady!

Rachel and Kevin West said...

This is such a great post! Those are some amazing memories. Your mom gave me some advice once that pretty much changed my life. I still need to write her a "thank you" for that!