Sunday, March 8, 2009

60 Days

The light and the end of the tunnel is finally visible!! In 60 days, on May 8th, I will FINALLY graduate from the University of Utah! It has taken me SO long to get my bachelors degree and I am glad that I wont have to worry about it any more!
I don't think I am going to know quite what to do with myself once I don't have any more homework and lessons to plan! That will the a crazy awesome feeling!! I wont have to try to remember my darn long UofU log in password or buy another expensive parking pass! Ahhhh, it will be the best!
I'm trying really hard this semester to get a 4.0 GPA. In high school, I was one of those over achievers and tried my hardest to get the best grades possible. A light switch flipped though once I got into college, and while my grades haven't been bad, they could have been so much betters. So this semester I am determined to do the best I cant do. The only problem..... I have big time senioritis!! I am just ready to be done and almost don't care what my final grades are. But the end is so close so I cant give up! Plus, last semester I made the Dean's list for my grades and it really was an awesome feeling to get that email, and I want to do it again!!
As if I wasn't excited enough about graduation, I will get to sit by my best friend Lacey. She and I have been going to school since kindergarten and high school graduation was fun because it was like "Phew, we both made it!" Graduation from the U will be crazy because we will have gone through every stage of school together! Plus, can I just say how excited I am that I will know that person sitting next to me, instead of being in between two strangers!
I also have been thinking about a senior trip. I didn't do one when I graduated from high school (I think my friends and I talked about driving to California, but my parents wouldn't let me go) and I think it would be so much fun to do one now that I am completely done with school! I don't know where to, or who with, but seriously, even if I have to go by myself, I am going to go on a cool vacation this summer!!

And speaking of counting down days..... there are only 13 days until Twilight comes out on DVD!! I for one and pretty dang excited!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

Congrats to only 60 days left! i'm so happy for you.. and so jealous! I wish I was graduating with a degree sometime soon! That is so cool that you & Lacey get to do it together, I didn't realize it worked out that way. How fun to have pictures & memories of you guys starting in kindergarden all the way to COLLEGE graduation!