Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lasers & Leprechauns

So, I meant to write about this back on St. Patrick's day, but I never did, so here it finally is!
First of all, it was my parents 25th anniversary. It is really weird to think that they are already half way to 50 years!! I wanted to get them something really cool and special since it is a pretty give anniversary, but I couldn’t think of anything good or creative! We are doing some re-painting in our basement, so I thought about getting them a new computer desk and/or chair, but I am still a poor college student, so that one flopped. Then I thought of a doing a sketch like my aunt has, but I didn’t give myself time to get something like that. Then I thought out a doing a photo thing, but again, no time. So what did I do… a lame old gift card. Oh well, at least they can get what ever they want now!
Second, I have talked about my new addiction to making my own jewelry. Well about a month ago I found a really cool clover charm at Michael’s and was really excited to turn it into a St. Patrick’s Day necklace.It was really simple and I finished it the night before!! I was pretty dang excited to wear it that day!!
I also had a laser hair removal appointment that day. I was really really nervous for it because the last time I went for my arms it had been awful!! It hurt SO bad and I the whole time I just kept thinking: This pain is not worth it, I’m gonna have to cut my arms off!!! And then to top it off, my arms were red for the next hour and I had a few burn blisters. Yeah, no fun!! So I was not to thrilled about my latest appointment, but oh my gosh!! It was a THOUSAND times better this time around!! They have this awesome cooling machine which blows freezing cold air and helps to numb your arms! I almost didn’t feel it at all, and the best part was that the tech was able to turn the laser all the way up!! Wahoo!! So I should start to see some awesome results now!!!
March 17th was also an important day in the crazy, obsessive Twilight world!! Catherine Hardwick’s Directors Notebook came out, so I HAD to stop and get it!! So I had a ton of extra time between my LHR appointment and work, so I stopped at one of my most favorite places….. Barnes and Noble! Can I just tell you (you are going to think I am weird) I LOVE the smell of that store!!! And it’s not because of the Starbucks that is in there!! I really like the smell of new books!! It was fun just wandering the isles looking at all the books! Not only did I get my Directors Notebook (which is fantastic by the way) but I also got a book called “The Memory Keepers Daughter” and got a whole lot of ideas for other books to read.
And what would St. Patty’s day be without Leprechauns!! I’m not even kidding people!! So while I was at Barnes & Noble, there were a couple of guys (most of them pretty old) that were walking around in green suits, it the legs rolled up and long knee socks!! Hehehe!! Yeah, they were pretty into it and it was pretty dang funny!! I kept waiting for one of them to kick up there heels and shout “Top O The Morning” or something!! Yay for festive people!!
And that was about it. I wore my green so I didn’t get pinched and so did everyone around me so I couldn’t do any pinching! And besides the guys at the store, no leprechauns with pots of gold….. maybe next year!!

2 comments:

Linds said...

cute jewelry! so I had to comment because I went and had a LHR treatment today and it was horrendous! I kept wondering why I was paying money to be in so much pain! And my face is still really tender... but I know in a few days I'll be feeling much better about it. Actually, no, more like a few months. I've got to get about two more "touchups" and then I should be good for a LONG time! With only like a touchup once a year! Geez I hope so because I'm sick of my man face. Oh and also... I read The Memory Keeper's Daughter at the end of last year. It definitely kept my attention throughout the book.. but it is sad... tragic really. You'll have to let me know what you think of it!

Amanda and Chad said...

I LOVE the necklace you made! That is the cutest ever! I wish I was as creative as you.
I didn't realize that laser hair removal hurt so bad. How many times do you have to do it? I want to see pictures of your arms when you have it done! and if it really works?
Have a good weekend!! i'm sure you will because I am betting you are going to buy twilight!