Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Words Of Wisdom From A Piece Of Chocolate

It should come as no surprise that I LOVE chocolate!! I'm a pretty big fan of it in most any form, but Dove chocolate is especially fantastic!! I was at Target the other day on my lunch break, and it had been a pretty long day and I definitely needed a good piece of chocolate. So I bought myself a bag of Dove milk chocolate pieces and put them in my drawer. As if the silky-smoothness wasn't already awesome enough, they have the fun little sayings on them. Okay, I admit that a lot of times the things they say are pretty dumb and cheesy, but every so often they are pretty good!! The bag I picked up just happened to be one of those good bags.
Here's what I learned from my chocolate this week.

** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow.
** Count your blessings, not your worries.
** You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
** One's best success comes after one's greatest disappointments.

I'm sure someone out there will probably think they are pretty lame, but they were really good for me this week..... especially the last one!!

And one last thing, here is a funny letter I found about quitting your job!!


"I resign. I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 5 year old again.
I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples in a pond with rocks. I want to think M&M's are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and watch the ants march up its trunk.
I want to run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer day. I want to think a quarter is worth more than a dollar bill because its prettier and weights more. I want to go fishing and care more about catching the minnow along the shore than the big bass in the lake. I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes. When I didn't know what I know now. When all I knew was to be happy because I was blissfully unaware of all the things that should make me worried. I want to think the worlds fair. I want to think that everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again. I want to live simple...... yeah..... simple again!
I don't want to day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and the loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, dreams, the imagination, Santa and The Tooth Fairy, a kiss that makes a boo-boo go away, making angels in the snow and that my dad and Jesus are the strongest people in the world.
So here's my checkbook, my car-keys, my credit cards and the bills too, my 401K statements, my stocks & bonds, my collections, my insurance premiums, my job, my house, and the payments too, my e-mail address, pager, cell phone, computer and watch. I am officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this with me further, your have to catch me first cause....... Nah nah nah nah nah nah, "Tag" YOUR IT!!!!"

If only it were that easy!!! :0)


2 comments:

Angee Dandy said...

dude i love your dove choco quotes! especially the one about the ocean and the shore!! love it!

and i love the resignation letter, its going to go on my blog! so sorry in advance for the mini-plagiarism!!!

i miss ya

Nicole said...

Haha! You should totally make a letter like that for Paula when / if you quit!!