Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Moon Rising

***Just a warning in advance.... if you HAVE NOT seen New Moon yet, there may be a few spoilers in this post, so.............. if you don't want to know anything about it until you see it, don't keep reading***
It really is amazing how fast a year can go by!! I remember last year after Twilight came out and they announced that New Moon would be coming out in November 2009, it felt like way to long to wait! But it came around SO quick!!
(This was my white board at work!! Starting at day 50 I counted down until the day was finally here!!)

I got SO lucky thanks to some great people at work and was able to get tickets to a 9 o'clock p.m. show on Thursday night at Jordan Commons!! I took my friend Christine with me and before the show we decided to stop at Burger King for dinner. We stopped there because........ andThey had New Moon crowns too!! We asked for them and the mean lady wouldn't give any too us!! She said we would have to buy a gift card to get one! LAME!!

It was CRAZY at that theatre!! Lots and lots of girls and lots of Team Edward/Jacob shirts!!Before the movie started they were doing a bunch of giveaways (I didn't win anything but lucky Christine did), but we were both so impatient for the movie to start!!

Before the movie started a lady got up and informed us that because we were at a special event, all of our electronic devices had to be OFF!! And she didn't just mean turned down to silent... she meant all the way off!! Why you ask?? Because there were big guys on both sides of the theatre watching us through night vision binoculars! It was kind of hilarious! As soon as the lights went off you saw these guys scanning the theatre for any one trying to record the movie!! They did that all through out the show!!

The movie was awesome!! I was so happy that they stuck so closely to the book!! Of course there were some difference, but there has to be you make a 563 page novel into a movie!! I really liked the way they used Bella's emails to Alice to help tell the story!! And I love the part with Jessica at the movies!! She is hilarious ("That home boy could have been a psycho", haha)!! I really like the Volturi parts too!! The red eyes are TONS better in this one!! And Dakota Fanning is a perfect Jane!!
The end killed me though!! I was ticked at first!! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised...... I knew that part was in there..... but man what a cliff hanger if you haven't read any of the books!!
We took this picture as soon as we got back in the car!! Ahhhh!! We loved it!! And the best part.... we got to see it again!! We already had tickets to a show at 12:15 a.m. at The District, so we raced over there so we could see it AGAIN!! And guess what.... it was just as awesome the 2nd time!! Even if by then I was SO tried!!
This is what time we got done with our New Moon night..........2:45 a.m. Haha!! Almost 7 straight hours of all things New Moon!! I had SO much fun with Christine and all my other friends that night!! I know it's a crazy obsession but it's just fun for one night to act crazy and be excited!!

I have seen it two more times since opening weekend, and it's just as good every time!! People still cheer when Edward walks away from his Volvo and grown women still scream when Jacob Black takes off his shirt!! Even if you are not a Twilight fan, going to the movie for that entertainment would be pretty funny!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

I loved the movie too! I can't wait to see it again. I was wondering how they were going to fit that whole book into the movie, but I was surprised at how well they did. I loved the Alice emails too. I thought that was smart of them to do that.
hopefully you didn't have to work the day after your 7 hour new moon experience!