Sunday, August 8, 2010

The View From Where I Sit

I work in a basement..................... I have worked in that basement for almost 5 years. There are no windows.................. the office across the hall in empty and so is the kitchen, so the lights are always off. My office really is not that bad.......... I guess!!
If I got to choose, would I pick that one? Probably not! But I guess it could be worse!!
Any way, I have tried to make my office a little more exciting by hanging things on my wall and bringing in some fun things to put on my desk!!

So, this is the view from where I sit from 8:30 to 6:00 every day..............
I got a really cool book from Barnes and Noble that had information about every single country in the world. It also had some really cool pictures..... so I cut it up and put just a few on my favorites on my wall (I have to admit that I felt pretty guilty taking a pair of scissors to the book)!!!! There are pictures up there from Hawaii, Venezuela, Wales, England, France, Germany, and Italy just to name a few!! I have TONS of pictures so I'm sure I will be rotating them out in a few months!! P.S. my awesome calendar had amazing pictures from the Greek Isles!! I wish I would have taken this picture in August, because the picture for this month is gorgeous!! These flowers are awesome right?!?! They are from my brother and sister-in-laws wedding!! My sister-in-laws, sister was the one that did all of the flowers and she did and amazing job!! Their reception was beautiful!! I was so excited to bring these to work to brighten up my desk!! I think I am going to have to buy myself flowers now............. weekly!! Haha!!

I also have this on my desk: Do you remember that fun contest my work was doing during the month of June?? My AWESOME blue team totally won!! YEAH!!! We rock!!! We won a paid day off and a pizza party! Not to mention these sweet glasses (the cool blue stuff was not included..... but I think it makes it look better)!!

This time of year is nice because I can get out of my cold, dark, basement and eat my lunch outside! I bought myself a sweet picnic blanket and I love to go across the street from my work, spread out the blanket and read a book while eating my lunch! This is the view from where I sit during lunch:

I hope the view from where you sit is wonderful too!!!! =0)

No comments: