Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book 3 FAIL

I saw this book at Barnes and Noble about two months ago and I drawn in by the cover. Yes, I am one of "those people" that judges a book by its cover! But once I read what the story was about, I was even more eager to read it.
Actually, the teaser info on the inside cover was kind of vague as to what the story really was about, but the premise sounded awesome! A dystopian type world {I have been reading lots of those kinds of books lately}that has been completely covered in water. Kind of a Noah's ark story.... sort of. The people that are left in the world are living horribly on the mainland and everyone is trying to get to this mysterious island called X Isle. Doesn't it sound interesting? Like X Isle should be some kind of great utopia in the midst of all the misery and suffering!
I think I only made it through the first 100 pages before I though, "this is really stupid.... what is this story even about"? I mean, if you are all about 15 year old boys lighting their farts on fire then this is the book for you.
It was boring and stupid and slow and very immature. I had to add it to my Didn't-Even-Finish-Reading list on Goodreads!!
I flipped through the book, reading paragraphs here and there and even toward the end of the book I couldn't tell what the plot line was. As far as I could tell and the end of the story all the boys get off the horrible X Isle and go back to the misery on the mainland. Or maybe they end up staying on the island after they gotten rid of the "bad guy". Either way it is lame!!
 I don't know..... maybe it's because I'm a sucker for happy endings, but I thought it was stupid and pointless! Glad I didn't waste a week of my life reading the whole thing!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you have many times I've walked away from books that just don't grab me. I'll give them about a 100 pages and then if I'm not loving it, we're done.

I also judge a book by it's cover, oh and the font. If the book if typed in some homemade looking font I assume it's an inexperienced author or someone didn't take the time to look at successful books and see that they all tend to stick to the same font. I know, I have issues.