Saturday, March 3, 2012

Book 4

Darkness falls…despair abounds…evil reigns…

Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire. Now Eragon must travel to Ellesmera, land of the elves, for further training in the skills of the Dragon Rider: magic and swordsmanship. Soon he is on the journey of a lifetime, his eyes open to awe-inspring new places and people, his days filled with fresh adventure. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and nothing is what it seems. Before long, Eragon doesn't know whom he can trust.

Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle–one that might put Eragon in even graver danger.

Will the king's dark hand strangle all resistance? Eragon may not escape with even his life. . . .





Still not entirely sure how I feel about this series! These books are long.... like Harry Potter long!! And sometimes I feel like the author is dragging the story out. Did he really need a whole chapter about a storm and how Eragon struggles to close the window and how Saphira gets stuck in the tree trying to make sure he's okay?! And the author uses a plethora of advanced words! It reminded me of my high schools days when we would have certain words in our books that we were required to look up and memorize as part of our vocab list! It also gets kind of old flipping to the back of the book to look up the interpretation of the different languages! It got the point where I didn't look anything up any more and just tried to infer the meaning from what was going on at the time. I took me much longer to get through this book than I anticipated and seriously considered stopping at some points!!  
But then I get closer to the end of the book, when the story is starting to reach it's climax, with plot lines converging, and then I cant put it down! There are some crazy twists that happen at the end and it made me excited to read the next book!! 
Two down, two to go!! It might be a little while though before I pick up Brisigr though! 

No comments: