Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life Long Friendship

On Tuesday I was able to get together with some of my best friends for lunch at Kneaders. It's not often that we are able to get together due to conflicting schedules, families and distance. So it's always so great when we can be together! I always say I am going to take more pictures when we have these girls nights.... and then I never do!!
So instead, I thought I'd share a few memories about some of my life long friends!!

AMBER: She lived across the street and three houses down from me so we were constantly playing together. I remember that Amber had TONS of cool board games.... Addams Family, Dont Wake Daddy.... I loved them, but I also remember that board games were not her favorite thing to do! So instead of board games we played lots of school! Amber had all kind of cool stuff that we could use. We also played store a lot because she had a sweet cash register that we could use! I remember going down the Amber's house right after I had lost one of my teeth. I remember sitting in her family room with a washcloth in my mouth while we played paper dolls. Amber also had all huge fish tanks at her house that I thought were the coolest thing. I remember Amber had a hamster {or maybe it was a gerbil} at one time and we were in her room playing with it. It started to run under the bed and I put my hand over it to stop it and it bit me on that piece of skin between your thumb and index finger. I remember there was shouting.. and then I remember walking home crying!
Best things about Amber: She will be there to back you up and doesn't put up with anyones crap!

RACHEL: The thing I remember most about Rachel while growing up was her long, beautiful hair!! I remember being so jealous of it! I remember taking interior design together in high school and working together on a big project. We went to a bunch of stores and ended up in some pretty shady places... like a nasty tile store that smelled SO bad!! I remember we didn't get along very well our junior and senior year. I vaguely remember what it was about and it was so stupid!! I should have been a more patient and understanding friend. Rachel always has the cutest outfits, especially jackets! She is a fantastic mom and her sewing skills are awesome!
Best things about Rachel: She is forgiving. She is still my friend even after my brattiness in high school! She is sweet, creative and

EMILY: Emily grew up on the "other side of the neighborhood" and she is also about a year older so I dont remember doing much with her growing up. I think my earliest memories of her are from high school. I remember that she ate a lot of salad.... like a salad every single day for lunch and I never understood how she could do it! I also remember that our personalities slightly clashed in high school. In fact, I remember being so mad at her one time that I slammed my locker door and the hook broke off! But that changed when Emily and I were both students at USU. It was my freshman year and I was a hundred miles from home. I didnt know anyone and I had some really interesting roommates!! But Emily was there! And we started doing all kinds of things together like movie nights and dinner!! I was so grateful for her!!
Best things about Emily: She is not afraid to speak her mind! She is honest and open! She is also very caring and would do anything for a friend!!

AMANDA: Oh the memories I have with Amanda! I remember a Halloween party at her house where we walked, blind folded, on a balance beam stepping on gross stuff and sticking our hands in bowls of brains {spaghetti}. I remember going to Oakcrest with her and I seem to remember something about balloons..... I remember walking home from the bus stop one day and someones dog ran off their porch toward us and barking all the way. Poor Amanda hates dogs and was so freaked out that she started screaming... So loud in fact that if scared the dog and it turned around and ran back to the porch!! I remember giving her a hard time because the boy she liked wore white socks with his sandals! And of course there is the time we went on a Slurpee run and got pulled over for drunk driving!! I also remember calling Amanda a lot while I was at USU and complaining about some of my crazy roommates. And I still remember when she called me to tell me she was engaged!!
Best things about Amanda: She is hilarious! I always a laugh when she is around! She is such a cute mom!! I love getting on her blog and seeing all the fun and creative things she does with her girls!

TIFFANY: I have SO many memories with Tiffany!! Countless sleepovers and trips to the mall!! Playing with walkie talkies in her house and pretending like we were on a sinking ship! Going to girls camp and hating the dreaded hikes! Writing notes to each other with code symbols for the boys we liked! I remember doing school musicals with her, standing on a "porch" while drinking champagne {sparkling cider} out of cool glasses. Going on choir tour together to San Francisco and getting in trouble in Chinatown for taking pictures inside one of the stores!! Doing dance together and Colette's and wearing our interesting burgundy costumes!   Getting in stupid, pointless fights over the dumbest things and then making up because that's what you do with one of your best friends!! I even caught the bouquet at her wedding!!
Best things about Tiffany: She has been my friend, no matter what... even during times when I wasnt such a good friend to her! She is a friend that understands me like not many others can and I know that I can talk to her about anything!! She is a Super Mom with a three year old and twins! I dont know how she does it but she's amazing!!

LACEY: My best friend since the day my family moved in across the street at one and a half. My list of memories with her could go on forever! Playing on the swing set and pretending like we could see Disneyland. Jumping on the trampoline and practicing flips. Taking everything out of the cubby hole in her wall and sitting there reading books.Riding our bikes to school sometimes and having the same teachers all the way up to sixth grade. Drawing bracelets on our wrists and playing Power Rangers with our brothers. Watching Remember the Titans in my basement and following along to the dance. Going on our first dates in the same group to Morp {I was actually on my first date with her future husband}. Going to Blockbuster almost every Friday night for weeks..... so often that the guy recognized us as regulars!! Going to the UofU together and playing cards in between classes and then graduating with our Bachelors degrees together.
Best things about Lacey: I know I can call her any time, for anything. She is compassionate, friendly and just and all around good person! 

THANKS for putting up with me for so long girls!! I dont think I can thank each of your enough for your friendship!! I love being able to say that I am still friends with people that I went to elementary school with!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh Amanda you are SO cute! I love ya. You have such a good memory. I really can't remember much. I should write some of these things down. Love ya and can't wait to get together again!

Amanda and Chad said...

this was so fun to read! i loved it. i love the memories i have with all of you. everyone has always been such a great friend to me. thanks so much for your sweet words. i'm so happy we could all get together and catch up... good time :)

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you have all these great friends close by. It takes a looooong trip to see any of the girls I grew up with.

So fun Amanda!