Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Books 10 & 11

BOOK 10
You cant re-read The Hunger Games and NOT go on to finish the whole series!! And besides, I LOVED Catching Fire the first time and it has been awhile since I last read it so, why not?? There are all kinds of crazy twists in this one and the end has a major cliff hanger!! I cant wait for this one to be made into a movie!! November 2013 cant come soon enough!! 

BOOK 11
After helping Chip and Alex survive 15th century London, Jonah and Katherine are summoned to help another missing child, Andrea, face her fate. Andrea is really Virginia Dare, from the Lost Colony of Roanoke. Jonah and Katherine are confident in their ability to help Andrea fix history, but when their journey goes dangerously awry, they realize that they may be in over their head. They've landed in the wrong time period. Andrea doesn't seem that interested in leaving the past. And even worse, it appears that someone has deliberately sabotaged their mission...

I'm still liking this series! Yes, I know the story follows a 13 year old kid, but I like it because I know there are not going to be any "interesting" parts that I am embarrassed to read! If I'm being honest though, this was probably my least favorite of the three I've read so far. It was kind of slow...... it felt like a lot of repetition to me. And Andrea is kind of a really obnoxious 13 year old girl {I know, I know.... I shouldn't be surprised by that}, by the end, I was just ready for her story to be over!! 
But that didn't stop my from wanting to read the next one!! And I just found out today that the book I am reading now is not the last one in the series! Ahh!! I should have known!! The next book doesn't come out until September!! Have I ever told you how impatient I get waiting for the next book in a series {waiting for the Harry Potter books just about killed me}!?!

Something I did love about this book though was that it was about the Lost Colony of Roanoke! I remember learning about it in elementary school and found it fascinating {probably makes me really weird, I know}.
But how does a whole group of people just disappear?? Did the Indians kill them all?? Did they just move to another island?? Did they try to sail back to England and get shipwrecked along the way?? Maybe one day we will know!! 

No comments: