Thursday, July 18, 2013

That Time I Pounded the Pavement

A few months after my first 5k, my brother and sister in law asked us if we would be interested in running a 5k called Pound the Pavement for Parenthood. Each runner who signed up got to enter a name into drawing for a couple hoping to do in-vetro. My SILs brother and his wife were really hoping to win and needed as many votes as possible.

How do you turn down such a cool race?!
So my mom, my sister and I all signed up to do it!!

I was more nervous about this race, mostly because I hadn’t been as faithful to running as I had been before! But it was for such a good cause that I couldn’t’ say no.

This race was both easier and harder than my first race.
Easier because they accidentally messed up the course at the very beginning of the race so it ended up being less than the 3.1 miles in a standard 5k.
Harder because there were SO many hills! And not just little hills, some of them seemed enormous!!!

It was still a fun race though and I had a good time.
Unfortunately, my SILs brother didn’t win the drawing. I felt really bad for them, but I would definitely do this kind of race again if it meant giving them another shot!
 
**These pictures are totally stolen from other people since my have completely disappeared!



No comments: