Wednesday, July 31, 2013

That Time I Got Really Really Lazy

My first 5k was in July of last year.
The second was in October.
I ran for awhile after that…
And then I do what I always do…..
I slacked off.

I didn’t have any races planned and I let myself fall back into my old, lazy ways.
And then winter came to Utah. Just in case you are not from Utah, I have to tell you that our November through February (sometimes as late as April) weather is not very conducive to running outside.
Especially not this last winter.
The temperature hardly got above freezing and there was no way I was going to drag my fat lazy self out to run in that!! 

I wasn’t that dedicated!!

I told myself I wasn’t really a runner anyway…..
I didn’t run the full 3.1 miles in my first 5k and I didn’t do it in my second either.

I was kidding myself to think that ME, of all people could actually run races. 

No comments: