Thursday, August 8, 2013

Getting In Character


I'm having a small dilemma when it comes to the Run Disney race!
What to wear!!

You don't have to dress up.....
But why the heck wouldn't you?!?!

I've been going back and forth on two different
characters and can't decide which I would rather do.

Do you have an option?!?

OPTION 1: 
Alice in Wonderland! 

This was my original plan. 
I've always liked Alice and we had maybe thought
of doing a group costume thing, with the white
rabbit, the queen of hearts an the cheshire cat! 
I liked the idea even more when I came across
this cute tutu!! 

And then I saw this cute top! 
I'm sure that if you know how to sew,
this wouldn't be too hard to make!! 

Why I'm worried about being Alice....
First.... I'm not blond! Will I look stupid
as a brunette Alice?
Second..... The theme of the race is Alice in Wonderland...
Sort of.
Everything I've read says something about
chasing Alice down the rabbit hole.
Plus, our medals have Alice on them.
So I'm kind of worried that EVERYONE will
be dressed as Alice!

But......
If they have the Wonderland characters out,
how fun would it be to get pictures with them while
dressed as Alice!!! 
Plus, my sister makes really cute bows and I 
could have her make me a black one for my hair!! 
Oh! And compared to option two, this outfit
is probably a lot easier!! 

OPTION 2:
Ariel, aka The Little Mermaid

I'm pretty sure The Little Mermaid was my 
very first favorite Disney movie! 
I used to sing Part of Your World
ALL.THE.TIME!!!! 

Then I came across this skirt....
Isn't it AMAZING!!! 

I would obviously have to do a modified 
version since having a full length skirt
would probably inhibit my running!! 

I was thinking of just wearing a purple shirt
for the top....
Or I could do something like this....

The plus side to being Ariel is that she
is a princess and who doesn't want
to be a princess for the day! 

The downside...
This skirt would probably be a little
tricky to make and might be hard to
run in....
And I wouldn't have a cute bow in my hair.
And I don't know how I feel about wearing 
a big old starfish headband..... 

So...
Any thoughts? 

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like Alice. Maybe that is just because Megan is crazy about Ariel and I hear it 24/7. I think it will be a easier costume to make. Of course I love the 2nd option but I don't know how to make that. So I say go with the first one. I think it is hard to tell the white tulle is an apron so maybe you could put fabric on top or make a white full apron and wear a blue shirt. Let me know if you need help!!!! It would be so fun.

Amanda and Chad said...

ALICE all the way!!!! i am in love with that second picture. so cute! and you could totally pull off a brunette alice. can't wait to see what you decide on!

Rachel and Kevin West said...

I think Alice would be easier, but I personaly like the Ariel idea better. You could make a cute green and purple tutu. Good luck!