Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back To School Blues

Well, school starts again tomorrow, for what feels like the millionth time. I'm honestly tired of "the first day of school", and I'm really not to excited about being a super-duper senior. **Insert depressed sigh here** I feel like I have been going to school for way to long, and even though I am so close to being done, I just want to blow it all off and quit.

After graduating high school (clear back in 2003) I decided to go to Utah State University, because I was positive I wanted to be an interior designer and nothing else. After applying, and lots of talking with my parents, I decided that interior design just wasn't going to be profitable here is Utah, so I changed my major. At that point I didn't really know exactly what I wanted to do, and I had to work on my generals any way.
At some point during the first semester I decided I wanted to be a lawyer. I talked to an advisor and declared my major as Philosophy with a minor in Constitutional Law. I finished out the year and decided to transfer to Utah Valley State University because it was near BYU (where I planned on attending Law School).
I liked UVSC, the only problem was that their generals program was different that USU's, so I was spending a lot of time taking classes to finish that. Well at some point, me and my indecisiveness, decided that law school would be hard, and I didn't know if I could do it, so I changed my mind yet again.
My new plan was to become and ASL interpreter. I decided to transfer to Salt Lake Community College because they have an awesome ASL program and it was closer to home. Now, are you ready for this....
After only a few ASL classes, I decided that I was lame and couldn't do interpreting so, what did I do... I changed my major of course!! I now had no idea what I wanted to do, but I did know that I HAD to finally get my stupid Associates Degree. I talked a lot with my best friend Lacey, and decided that I wanted to copy her and become and elementary school teacher.
Finally at the end of 2006 I got my Associates Degree in General Education from Salt Lake Community College. Wahoo!!!

So it was on to the University of Utah... my fourth school (yeah, I'm crazy I know). I had finally decided on a major, Early Childhood Education. I would be able to use my degree to teach Pre-K thru 3rd grade.
And here I am a few semesters later, and guess what.... SURPRISE SURPRISE, I have changed my mind and I don't want to be a school teacher any more. **Insert exacerbated sigh here** I honestly must be the lamest college student out there, to change my mind (and schools) so many times!!
I only have two more semesters left until I have my Bachelors Degree, so I'm just going to keep going until I finish. After that, who knows what I will do!!

So yeah, that is why I dread going back to school. I don't really enjoying the classes all that much, and it's no fun taking classes you don't plan on using. And it's even worse having to take out students loans to pay for a degree I don't plan on using. **Insert the sigh of a poor college student here**
So I just keep plugging along....... 2 more semesters, 2 more semesters..... it will be over before I know it (hopefully)!!

1 comment:

Dani said...

oh man....that totally blows having that feeling. i'm sorry :o( i changed my major like 5 times man. i bet once you've graduated and you start working you might feel differently :o)