Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Really Over??



**Dont read unless you have already finished reading Breaking Dawn**

So, I was one of those crazy people that went to a bookstore on Friday night and got my copy of the last book in the Twilight Saga. I of course had to start reading it as soon as I got home (after drinking a Dr. Pepper and a Cherry Coke) and didnt stop until 4:45 a.m. I woke up at 8:15 a.m. and started reading again. I finally finished the book Sunday night!

I still think about it constantly and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.. I really am torn about it! The first 7 chapters were pretty good, I LOVED the wedding scene a lot! But once the book changed to Jacobs POV I started to dislike it. No, that's not a strong enough word.... hate..... yeah, that one works as harsh as it is! I really didnt know if I was going to be able to make it through the book! It just didnt feel like a Twilight book when it was written from someone elses persepctive. I guess it had to be done, that part of the story probably couldnt have been told any other way... but wasnt it weird?? I kept thinking, this is some funky cross between the X-Files and The Twilight Zone!! Crazy!! Things finally got back to normal when the story switched back to Bella's POV. The end of the book was really intense and I really was unsure how it was going to end!!

But is it really over?? I have so many questions about it!! I feel like there are a lot of loose ends that were not really tied up!! Like..........

*What's life like for Bella and Edward a hundred years from now? Do they ever go to college? Do they go back to high school? If they do, what's their story?? Do they tell people they are husband and wife? Or how do they tell people she is part of their family? Do they ever have to leave Fork because people start getting suspicious? What ever happens with Rene? Does she ever see her again or tell her anything thats going on??

*And what about Jake and Nessie?? What kind of relationship do they have?? What's Nessie like when she is all grown up? Do they live with the Cullen's? And how are they explained to the outside world?

*AND the Volturi?? What ever happens with them? She was never really clear about if they were going to stop harassing the Cullens. If fact, she made if sound like Aro would never quit! So, what ever happens? Does there have to be some kind of big vampire battle?? Who wins? And who really are the good and bad guys!!

The list goes on and on!!! It serisously drives me crazy with wonder!! So could this really be the end of the Twilight Saga?? I really wish that Stephenie Meyers would come up with some kind of 100 Years Later Epilogue or something!! I just NEED to know how things work out!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Sigh.. Breaking Dawn. I need to explain my opinions of this book in person, cuz that might be the only way it makes sense. But in short, it drives me CRAZY that the Author set up these certain rules about the book in the beginning.. and then totally BROKE them in the 4th book, and somehow we're all supposed to feel like that's okay?

I don't think so..

Nicole said...

BUT the Breaking Dawn party was super fun! =) I'm so glad all of us went.

Now we just need to plan our trip to Forks!