Friday, August 29, 2008

A Random Assortment of Thoughts

Today has been one of those days where I just keep thinking about a hundred different things: School, work, politics, books, movies, etc. Really just a bunch of random stuff, so I thought I'd write some of it down.

First of all, books. I started reading The Host, and along with feeling like I am betraying the wonderful Edward Cullen, I'm not sure I like it. I don't know if I like the whole body snatchers concept. Some people tell me it's great and that they like it more than Twilight (I think these people are nuts personally) and others who have hated it. But most of all, I have heard that you have to make it through the first couple of chapters and then things get better. So, I'm going to keep plugging along, and hopefully finish it this weekend.
Speaking of Twilight, that brings me to something else I have been thinking about all day. I found out today that Stephenie Meyer has indefinitely stopped writing Midnight Sun. This is because some, dishonest person, took an unfinished copy of the story and posted it online, violating Meyer's copyright. On her website she says "If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die..." I am honestly devastated about it! I miss the Cullen family, and I was SO excited to read the story from Edwards point of view.
It just makes me so sad that some people can be so deceitful and can be so quick betray the trust of their friends. I'm really hoping that after some time passes, Meyer's will go back to the story, because I know that every Twilight fan wants the book in print!!

On to a more touchy topic: Politics. Today John McCain announced his running mate for the presidency; Gov. Sarah Palin from Alaska. I honestly don't know anything about her, and had no idea she was even one of his considerations. Today I was just thinking about what a monumental election it will be this fall. We, as Americans, will either have our first African American president, or our first female vice president.
I do plan to vote in the upcoming election, because I really feel it is my duty as a free American; but at this point I honestly don't know who to vote for. I really wish I had a third option. I guess all I, and everyone else, can do now, is watch both candidates carefully, and go with the one that I think will do the best job.... it's going to be tough.

I won't bore you with my current thoughts on school. My last blog was nothing but a complaint about school and I'm sure that no one wants to hear that again!!
As for my thoughts on work, well, they really are more to do with money. Now that I am back to my part time pay check I feel so poor! How am I going to survive in this expensive world?? I have been trying to decide if I want to get another PT job somewhere to help cover my expenses, but I don't know how I could do that along with school. ***sigh*** I guess I am just going to have to learn how to be frugal!!

And my last though is on the best movie ever: Pride and Prejudice!! I LOVE that movie!! It has been in my DVD player all week long, and I think I have watched it almost every day, some days more than once (and I am watching it as I type, haha)!! The language is so beautiful and the plot line so sweet. Awwww, Mr. Darcy!! Why can there be more men like him in the world!!

No comments: