Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Look Back

Wow! I cant believe that 2008 is almost over!! Time has gone by so fast as it always seems too! I found this cool thing on my friend Danielle's blog and I thought it would be fun to answer the questions. It was interesting to think back on the year and remember things I had totally forgotten!!!

MY 2008...
1.What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Traveled outside of the United States

2.Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Haha!! I hardly ever keep the resolutions I make. But 2009 will be different, I promise!!

3.Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of the ladies I visit teach had a baby in January, a friend I worked with had a baby in March and I have a friend that is so close to having her first baby!

4.Did anyone close to you die?
My grandpa died about four weeks ago

5.What countries did you visit?
England, France Switzerland, Italy, and a brief stop in a German airport

6.What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More willpower!

7.What date from 2008 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
The day I found out I would be able to graduate in the spring, the day my grandpa died and the day I did my first solo teaching at preschool

8.What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being part of the Weigh Biggest Loser challenge with West Jordan City and loosing 16 pounds. Too bad it didn’t last long!

9.What was your biggest failure?
Not being very good with my money

10.Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh geez!! If you know me, then you know I am a big klutz! I fell on campus and rolled my ankle, I fell off my bench and hurt my wrist and I’m sure there were a few more times I hurt myself at the beginning of the year that I cant even remember now! And illness, yeah, I have a crummy immune system and have gotten the flu/cold 3 times this year. Yuck!

11.What was the best thing you bought?
My cool new LG Shine phone!

12.Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don’t know….

13.Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The creepy man on my plane ride to London!! And the crazy blind date boy!

14.Where did most of your money go?
Probably fast food, lip gloss, gas for my car (especially in the summer) and DVD’s

15.What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My shadow boxes for my bedroom (I’ve been asking for them for years) and my trip to Europe!!

16.What song will always remind you of 2008?
Love Song by Sara Bareilles and 4 Minutes by Madonna and JT

17.Compared to this time last year, are you:
i.happier or sadder?
This time last year was so long ago!! But it’s probably pretty close to the same for me!
ii.thinner or fatter?
Oh I’m pretty sure I am much fatter!
iii.richer or poorer?

Hmmmm, again, it’s been a long time since last December. I am making more money at work, but I think I have more debt so I’m not sure.

18.What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend time with friends, be spontaneous and be more frugal

19.What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressed so much about school, and procrastinated

20.How will you be spending The New Year?
Hanging out with a good friend, and seeing Edward Cullen one last time this year!! Haha!!

22.Did you fall in love in 2008?
No :0(

23.How many one-night stands?
None

24.What was your favorite TV program?
Survivor, Jon & Kate + 8 and Lost

25.Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try not to actually hate any one…. But as for disliking some people the the furthest extent, now those I have one or two of

26.What was the best book you read?
Twilight!!!

27.What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have found that I really like a lot of Rihanna’s songs

28.What did you want and get?
I have wanted to go get laser hair removal for SO long and this year it finally happened!

29.What did you want and not get?
A new car. I was SO close at one point this year and it fell through…. Probably for the best though

30.What was your favorite film of this year?
Twilight!! ***sigh, Edward*** :0)

31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I cant believe I turned 23 years old this year!! I feel ancient!! It was my first day of classes (lucky huh) so I had to go up to school that morning. But then my mom and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. After that, while on my way back up to school, my car overheated and broke down (again, lucky me huh) so my parents had to come up and save me. I was so upset about it that I ditched my first day of class!! Haha!! And my parents got me a big bouquet of balloons which I was SO excited about!! And that was about it!! Birthdays are not as exciting when you are old!

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having more money and being skinnier (I guess that's two things, but I am leaving them both there)


33.How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Well, I am usually in work clothes (business attire) and I would like to think that my style is hopefully on trend and sophisticated

34.What kept you sane?
Alone time with music on!


35.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have a big new crush on Robert Pattinson!

36.What political issue stirred you the most?
Hmmm, probably almost anything to do with education because they are usually so stupid about it!

37.Who did you miss?
My best friend Lacey. It’s hard getting older and going separate ways!!

38.Who are your favorite people that you met this year?
I met my awesome new friend Amanda Y and I got to meet Mary Nichols from Channel 2 news which was sort of exciting.

39. Quote a song lyric that accurately summarizes this year.
“Romeo save me I’ve been feelin’ so alone….”


Well, I hope you all have a fun and safe New Year's Eve! And good luck on making some new resolutions!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

that is way awesome you got to do the Biggest Loser thing for WJ. I love that show.. mostly because I love Jillian, I would love to meet her and I totally want her to be my trainer! ha ha. And Bob is hot! Everything thinks I am gross for thinking he is hot, but I really think he is.