Thursday, January 1, 2009

First & Last

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!! Can you believe that it is already 2009!! The year my brother comes home from his mission in South Korea, the year I FINALLY graduate from college which also means it's the year I have to start paying my student loans back. I don't know what else will happen this year, hopefully lots of good things!

Since it is a new year, I decided that I would write about the last thing I did in 2008 and the first thing I did in 2009! So, starting with December 31st, 2008: I hung out with my good friend Christine. We went to dinner at Winger's and it was very very good! After dinner we planned to see a movie, but we had about 45 minutes before it started so we went over to Albertson's to wander the isles. We found some good stuff, including Jelly Belly's, chocolate and Twilight magazines! After that we headed over to the theater to use out free (a big thanks to Christine's friend Whitnee) movie passes and guess what we saw... TWILIGHT!! Before the movie started we sat eating our jelly beans which was so much fun! We swapped and shared and tried to figure out which flavors we were going to get in the dark. I was very unlucky and ate at least three stupid licorice flavored ones!! Yuck!! And finally after 20 minutes of previews, the movie started!! I know I have seen it SO many times (each one better than the last, believe it or not), but I saw new stuff in it! Like the fact that Rosalie is almost always wearing gloves (weird huh???), it is raining when Edward jumps out his window with Bella, and Victoria steals Weylands shirt. Our movie ended at 12:04 so I guess seeing Edward was technically the first AND last thing I did in '08!!! Haha!
But I'm not really counting that as the first thing. That would be this morning, when I woke up at 9:45, which felt SO nice!! My day started with making breakfast with my dad! We made homemade hash browns which were really really good, sausage, eggs and toast! I love good breakfast! And then me, my parents and my sister went downstairs and had a bowling tournament on the Wii. I, uhhhhh, didn't do so well and came in last!! It was a very off day for me!! But then we put in our Wii Music game and played that hand bells and that was so much fun!! It's funny to watch my parents try to figure it out!!

So that's about it!! I ended the year by hanging out with a good friend and seeing a handsome vampire and I started the new year by spending time with my family, eating yummy food.
So far so good!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

Happy New Year!! Sounds like you had fun last night with Christine (Hayes?? I love her, she is so cute!). I still haven't seen Twilight again, but I really want to! When does it come out on video, do you know? I'm sure in forever.. but still, I can look forward to it. Ok, and this might be a really dumb question- but who is Weyland in the movie? Maybe next time I come up, I will make you go see it AGAIN with me! but i don't know when I am coming up next.... Anyways, I have rambled on long enough! Have a great day! And I can't believe Eric comes home.. is it like in three months?? Crazy how time flies. I think it would be so cute if him and Mari got married.. except I dont know if they are even together still.. ha ha.. I just remembered they were dating and I thought it was really cute! Ok, I really will shut up now! See ya!