Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Life In Color

I was so excited to go to the Festival of Color! Especially since my friend Christine agreed to go with me!!
Here we are on the bus ride up to the temple, before all the crazy colors started flying!
IMG_0993
And here we are after!!
IMG_1012

iphone pics 042

So much fun!! Here is some of what happened in between!!!

This is what we looked like when we made it up to the temple!! We already had a bunch of color thrown at us!!! But when you are walking up there in a clean white t-shirt you are a walking target!! You can hear people saying things like “Get the white shirts” or “Fresh meat”!!


After those first few pictures I stuck my camera in a zip lock bag because I didn’t want all the powder to ruin my camera. We took a few pictures…..
IMG_0999{Me and my friend Miranda!! She and I went together last year too and had so much fun!!}   {The lovely Christine!!}{Me, with some kinda crazy look on my face}

But after a few cloudy pictures in the bag, I decided to just take my chances and took it out so the pictures would be clear!!    




IMG_1007

IMG_1009
This next picture is one of my favorites. Christine and I were sitting on the hill watching all the craziness when she sneezed. She was so covered in powder that her sneeze blew a white spot on her shirt!

So in my “after pictures” you can see that I am covered in lots and lots of green. We were walking around the temple and this little kid threw a huge handful of green at us. Because he was short it powder went straight up. It went in my mouth, up my nose and in my eyes! There was a second there where I thought I cannot breathe!! I could just picture the green dust filling up my lungs!!  There were a couple of guys walking by that stopped to see if we were okay. Darn little kids!!

And here are just a few more favorites that I took with my phone!
iphone pics 027

iphone pics 028Every couple of hours they do a mass color throwing where everyone gathers on the hill and throws their color at the same time. Last year Miranda and I went right in the middle of the crowd for one of these throwings and I vowed NEVER to do that again!! When all the powder is the the air it is so hard to breathe!! So Christine and I decided to stay closer to the top of the hill!! Here is what it looks like right before the color starts flying:iphone pics 031
This is what it looks like right as everyone starts tossing their color":
iphone pics 032
And this is what it looks like a few seconds later when all the colors start blending in the wind!
iphone pics 034
Seriously imagine standing in the middle of that!! I think the announcer even said something about how if you are in the thick of it, it can take up to seven minutes for the dust to settle!!
The seats in my car and light gray and I didn’t want the color from our clothes to stain them, so we covered our seat in beach towels and old sheets! I used the fitted sheets the elastics would help keep them on the seats!!
I had a blast!! I cant wait to go again next year!! iphone pics 043

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

awesome pictures! i always love seeing everyones pictures from this event- looks like such a fun time! maybe one year i will make it there!