Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Tribute To Dad

Dads!! How would we get along without them??
I am SO grateful for my dad! And for all of the millions of things he does for me!
My dad is busy! His work can be really crazy and he is also the bishop of our ward. But he still makes time to do things with my family!
I always knew I had a pretty cool dad! All the boys in the ward thought he was the best and would come over to wrestle with him. I just remember thinking how awesome he was.
My dad is truly one in a million! He is always there and I know that I can count on him for anything! He has a huge heart and will do anything for anyone!! I'm so lucky he's my dad!!

Here are just a few of my favorite memories of my dad:
**On Saturday morning's he would whistle like Captain Von Trapp from the Sound of Music so that we would line up to hear our chores
**I remember making lots of lots of cookies with my dad and eating half the dough right out of the bowl!
**I remember when he coached one of my machine pitch baseball teams
**I remember wrestling with my dad!! My brother and I would tackle him to the ground and then spend forever crawling all of him while he pinned us down and tickled us!! Sometimes he would pin us down and then have one hand over us and would ask us math questions... "If you have 5 cows, and 2 horses but one of your cows runs away, how cows do you have left"..... if we got it wrong he would tickle us! I remember sometimes getting it wrong on purpose just so he would tickle me.
**I remember him building my swing set and pushing me on the swings
**I remember lots of car rides with my dad. Once we drove out to Saltaire and looked out at the lake. I remember driving out to the airport to watch planes land and take off and how cool that was! And I remember that sometimes, when we were in the neighborhood, he would let me sit on his lap and "drive" home!
**I remember him running behind me while I learned to ride a bike
**And after I knew how to ride my bike he would sometimes follow us as we rode to school
**I remember his carrying me up the hill after I broke my arm and ankle.
**My dad is an awesome gift giver! He remembers things you say you want and then later on in the year you find them wrapped up for your birthday or for Christmas!!
**One time, I came home from school and my dad had left a note saying he loved me on my pillow with a package of Starbursts. I still have that note!!
**My dad can fix/build anything!!
**I remember my dad helping us build a huge snow fort in our yard we got feet and feet of snow
**My dad can whistle really loud without his fingers!
**When I was little and we were in really busy places I remember that my dad would put my hand in he back pocket and tell me not to let got as we weaved our way through the crowd
**I remember him taking me and my brother Eric to see the movie The Lion King at the theater
**My dad and I work really close to each other and sometimes he will call me out of the blue to go to lunch. I love our lunch dates together when we just talk!
**I remember when my dad saved me as I fell off a small cliff in Snow Canyon

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

i have tons of memories of your dad at all our camps and YW activities growing up. what a great man! i will always have a lot of respect for him.