Monday, September 1, 2008

Stars, Smores, and Sleeping Bags

So I spent a night in the great outdoors this holiday weekend. My family went up to a campground by Mirror Lake, somewhere high in the Uintah mountains. I wasn't to excited about the trip at first, because I am NOT a camper. But my parents borrowed a motor home, so the trip really wasn't that horrible.
One of my favorite parts was looking up at the stars. It never ceases to amaze me how my stars are in the sky and how beautiful they are. If hadn't been so cold, and if I wasn't so scared of wild animals, it would have be awesome to fall asleep looking at the stars. I had lots of fun trying to remember the constellations and I even saw two shooting stars.
And of course, what would a camping trip be without roasting marshmallows. So we all sat around the fire roasting marshmallows (and Starbursts, haha) and eating yummy smores!!
Next comes sleeping bags, one of my least favorite parts of camping. I feel like I can never get comfortable in those stupid things and they make me feel kind of claustrophobic. So trying to fall asleep was not fun.

The next day we did some 4-wheeling and that fun really fun; I had forgotten how much I like to do that!! The trails we went on were awesome!! My favorite one ended at a river, somewhere near Lily Lake. The area was just so pretty with the flowing water and all the pine trees!!
I only stuck it out for a day though. As pretty as the mountains are, I can only be up there so long.
It felt so good to come home and shower!! I LOVE being clean!! And it was also great to sleep in my own bed, sleeping bag free!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

I didn't know you went to MIRROR LAKE! I love that area! Except for a time we heard a bear up there.. haha, that's a funny story. But yeah, I love Mirror Lake, but I think my favorite is definitely Lily Lake. I want to go up there now..

Dani said...

oh man...i haven't camped in years. i WANT to lol :o)

ps: i TAG you! ha! check my blog for details ;o)