Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blessed By The View




While I was driving home from class tonight, south on I-15, I saw something really awesome.... I had a perfect view of the lit up Jordan River temple as well as the Draper temple and I couldn't help but think of how much cooler the view will be in a few months when the Oquirrh Mountain temple is finished and lit up as well. Three temples in one line of sight and the knowledge that there are four in one valley alone. So amazing!!



On Monday night, my family was driving home from my aunts house in Riverton and we took a little detour up to the Oquirrh temple and looked out the East to see the other two temples. I was thinking about it then (and it came back to me tonight as I saw it again) just how wonderful and how blessed we really are here in the state!!



We hear stories all the time about people that save up money all their lives so they can take one trip to the temple miles and miles away, but how often do we really think about what a huge sacrifice that is?? I can stand on a hill and see three temples and drive only 20 minutes and be at another. No where else in the world can that be done. What an incredible blessing, that I know I for one don't take advantage of.

No comments: