Thursday, February 26, 2009

Attack of the Killer Pants

Back in November I got some really cute new works pants that have big cuffs on the bottom. I don't know how to exactly explain the pattern, but they have thin stripes in them, so it took me awhile to find a shirt that matched just right. The first time I wore them was on the day I went and saw Twilight by myself.
That was the first time the pants attacked. During the middle of the movie, I had to go to the bathroom, so I got up from my seat at the top of the theatre and started walking down the steps. I made it almost all the way to the bottom when the heel on my right shoe got stuck in the cuff and my pants and ripped a big hole. Thank goodness for the railing or I would have fallen, head first, down the last 5 stairs. I'm pretty sure every one that was behind me was dying of laughter.
So I was really sad about my brand new pants because of the hole, but I figured that the cuff mostly covered it, so I would have to get some kind of patch to fix it. I kept wearing the pants and was just extra careful any time I went near stairs.
Well yesterday at work, my pants tried to bring me down again..... And I wasn't even on the stairs this time. I was up near our teller line, which is covered in time, and somehow my right heel ended up the hole that had been created in the first attack. This time I had nothing to grab onto as I was tripping over my own feet. My stupid shoe was stuck in my pants and I was hopping around on the one foot trying to maintain my balance. Now here is the part you are not going to believe... I didn't fall down! Wahoo!! Amazing huh?!?! If you know me, you know that I fall down a lot, over simple things, so this really should have brought me face first onto the tile floor. The whole incident probably only lasted about 2 seconds, but it felt like and eternity to me! And of course every single teller stopped to to watch me jump around, along with some of the members standing there.
Yeah.... really embarrassing! I could feel my face go bright red and I tried to walk it off like it was no big deal!! I went back downstairs after that, and didn't come back up till it was time for me to leave!! So yeah, those darn pants have now caused me trouble twice, but I am sure I will wear them again. So until the next attack.......

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

oh mandi! ONLY YOU !!! haha. that is so funny. If the pants are cute, they are definitly worth wearing again!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh! I wish I had been there!! That is HILARIOUS! :)