Friday, January 28, 2011

That's Not My Name

Amanda......
A pretty simple name!!
My last name is pretty easy too {even if get gets spelled wrong ALL the time}.

But sometimes when I talk to someone who I have never met before and they hear my whole name they will pause and then say something like:
"Oh wait.... Amenda Marcos? Are you related to that famous foreign lady"
                                                 or
"Ohhhh...... Imenda Marko. I think I have heard of you"
                                                or
"Aren't you some princess from Asia?"

No people!! That is not my name!!
And if I was some Asian princess, why in the world would I be HERE, calling you about your loan?!? Plus she is like 82..... I hope I dont sound 82!!

They somehow confuse me with this lady:
Her name is Imelda Marcos.
Okay... so I can understand how some people might get it wrong!!
I had someone ask me one of those questions today, and I finally decided to Google her!
She married a Filipino politician and served in many political positions herself!

While we do not share a name, we do share a common interest......
ACCESSORIES!!!
After she had her family were exiled they found 508 gowns, around 1000 handbags and almost 3000 pairs of shoes in their palace!!

3000 pairs of shoes?!?! She is my kind of lady!!

3 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

haha! oh my! that is hilarious! i have never even heard of her. some people!!

Gina said...

I have never heard of this lady before! People never cease to amaze me! My dad, even after I was married for a month though my last name was Nostle! Yes Nostle! hahha!Love my dad!

Rachel and Kevin West said...

Ha ha, people are so funny.