Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Piece of Cake

I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class, so when my cousin Michelle asked if I would be interested in taking one last March my answer was heck yes!! I had so much fun going to class every Wednesday night with Michelle and her sister in law Jen!

Week 1- We worked on sugar cookies, using some basic tips. I learned how to prepare a piping bag and how to make good decorating frosting!

Week 2- We learned how to cut our cakes and fill them. The final product was my favorite of the whole class.... meet Frederico the fish!

Week 3- This week we worked on cupcakes! I dont have a round cupcake pan so mine were square!!


Week 4- Graduation week!! And our final cakes! We learned how to make ribbon roses which was MUCH harder than I thought!! I had so many mishaps with this cake!! I had originally planned on making it a four layered cake but I couldnt get the first cake out of the pan! I bumped the cake a lot as I was making it too which didnt help frosting!! And I was awful at the roses!! But it was still fun and I would love to take class two!



After the class was over, as we were cleaning everything up, I noticed that my cake {which remember, I had already had SO many troubles with} started to bubble up and implode!! Jeez!! What a crazy cake this turned out to be!!

The graduates!! I had so much fun with these ladies!! Especially our last two weeks of class when we went to Applebee's after class!! I would definitely do it again!!




1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

SO FUN! love it, love it!
i need you to come make some cakes for my kids' birthdays. that fish is freakin' cute! claira would love that!!!