Saturday, July 21, 2012

Considering A BB gun

I am a light sleeper.....
Like, ridiculously light......

A lot of times I lay in bed at night
listening to all the sounds of the house.
The creaking.....
The dripping.....
The tapping......

It's awful being a light sleeper.
And I'm sure the people around me
don't think it's so awesome either!

I know there are somethings I just
cant control.
Like snoring......
Or blenders.....
Or back firing cars......
I have to remind myself not to get
frustrated with the sounds I cant control.

But lately there is one sound that is
causing me a great deal of irritation.....
One that has me wanting to pull my
hair out at 5 am.....

The sounds is coming from this.....
Yes.....
This STUPID bird sits outside
my window and "coos" almost
EVERY.SINGLE.MORNING!!

I Googled it....
The dumb thing is a mourning dove....
You should look it up on YouTube......
And now imagine that sound
at 4 am when you are trying to sleep....


I wondered if one of those fake plastic
owls would keep it away......
But then I read that these doves
are only afraid of birds of prey.
Where would one buy a plastic
peregrine falcon?
I hate that bird......
HATE it.....
I want to throw rocks at it and knock
it right off that power line......
Or shoot it with a BB gun......
Usually I'm not a violent person.
But I think the sleep deprivation
is setting in!



***I am happy to report that I no longer live near this awful bird!! But I have built up a permanent hatred for these glorified pigeons!! 



2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

oh my heck.. so funny! so annoying! and i just have to laugh about the BB gun because chad & paislee are always talking about shooting the birds and cats in our yard with a BB gun... ha!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I totally know what you mean, some birds just drive me up the wall sometimes!