Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Great Blizzard of 2010

It's October but you might never guess it based on our recent weather!!
It's been warm! Actually, it's more like hot!
 And I have really appreciated it because I am NOT ready for the snow and cold!!

Utah weather is crazy! 
One day it will be 85 degrees  and sunny and the next it will be 55 and snowy.
Not even kidding about that! 
We could have snow on the tops of our mountains as early as tomorrow night!! 
Crazy since just this past weekend we were in the upper 80s!

So, in honor of that crazy weather I am posting these pictures I took last winter!
Right around Thanksgiving time to be exact.....
When all the weather people in the state said we would be experiencing
the worst blizzard Utah had seen in years!! 



It kind of turned out to be a wimpy storm {by Utah standards anyway}! 
That's not to say that driving home wasn't scary though!! But I'm always
nervous driving in the snow! 

And just in case you haven't seen enough snow yet.....

I came out to my car one morning and a stupid snow plow had come down
our street and piled tons of snow up against my car! And that's not even counting
the snow that had fallen during the night!! It was all the way up to the bottom of
my car!! 
And half way up my shin!! 
Scrapping my that day was not awesome!
I am so not ready for this kind of weather yet!!
I'm crossing my fingers that we are just getting some fluky storm this weekend
and that fall weather will come back soon!! 

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

ha ha, that was so funny how all the news stations were making such a big deal about the storm and you are right- it was so wimpy!
i hate snow. it better wait a long while before it makes it appearance!