Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Oh, This Has Gotta Be The Good Life"

Clear back in June I saw a billboard that was advertising Real Salt Lake tickets with a OneRepublic concert afterward! I wanted to go SO badly, but it was the same weekend that my family was going to St George. Bummer!And then I found out that OneRepublic had to cancel and was going to reschedule the show!! WAHOO!! It worked out perfectly for me!!

I talked my mom an my sister into going with me and I was counting down the days!!
We started off with dinner and TGI Friays. Their sweet potato fries were yummy!!


And then it was off to the stadium to watch the RSL soccer team!
I've always liked soccer. I even played it when I was younger. And like most sports.... I sucked!! I was always on center defense.... the last place the ball goes! I just wasn't good at kicking people to get the ball!!

The game was actually really good and I had fun watching it! But I will not lie, there were a couple of times I had no idea what was going on, so I just cheered or booed along with the rest of the crowd!!


We also got to see an absolutely spectacular sunset!!



After the game was over {with a win for RSL, hooray!} they let people onto the field to watch the concert and it was a mad rush to the front of the viewing area!! People were running and sliding all over the field {even though the announcers kept saying no running, ha!}.


 OneRepublic was fantastic!! Their set wasn't very long but I loved every song they played, especially Secrets!! It's still my favorite song!! And hearing the cello live was even better than the recorded version!



 It was a fun GNO and I'm glad my mom and sister went with me!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

HOW FUN!!!! i would have loved that! i don't really understand soccer either, but one republic would have been great :)