Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Official

Today it is officially fall!! Wahoo!! And it has felt like a fall day with the chilly air and all the rain!! Fall is definitely my favorite season (even if it is when school starts). I love the pretty leaves that turn red, yellow and orange and hearing crunch as I walk on them! And it is great to look out my window and see the usually blue mountains with patches of red and orange.
And it’s also apple cider season, Mmmmmm!! I love cuddling up with a cozy blanket, good book and a mug of warm apple cider!! The smell is the best! I have so many candles with that smell! I think it has something to do with the nutmeg!!
The next great thing about fall…. Hoodies! Yes, that is right, it is also hoodie season! Hoodies are my most favorite thing to wear! If I didn’t think I’d die of heat stroke, I would totally wear them in the summer!! And if it wasn’t against dress code, I would wear them at work too! I am always on the lookout for a great new hoodie (I found one at Target this weekend by the way)!!
But the best part about fall, PuMpKiNs!! I LOVE pumpkins a lot!! There is a pumpkin patch near my house and I love driving past it everyday!! And the pumpkins are now big enough that I can see them poking through all the greenery!! I can’t wait to get some to put out in front of my house and I love to carve them at Halloween. And who could forget Pumpkin Pie cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory! I am literally counting down the days until that stuff is for sell (9 days, FYI)!!

But, as we know well here in Utah, who knows how long this great season will last!! October starts soon and for all we know, there could be snow covering the ground in 2 weeks! AHHHH!!
So here’s to hoping that the best season of all last until December 1st!!

2 comments:

Dani said...

i love fall and hoodies too!!!! i didn't know that it started 2 days ago! nice! :o) i'm super excited. it definitely feels like fall. i need to make my way up the canyon to see some fall leaves :o)

Amanda and Chad said...

Amen to Hoodies!!!