Saturday, January 24, 2009

Seeing The Sky

Wow!! I think I almost forgot that the sky is blue!! The air has been absolutely disgusting lately and I have hated every minute of it! So it is so refreshing to look out my window and see the sky and I can even see the mountains again!!
I had to go up to the U the other day and because it is on a hill, you can see into downtown..... that is, if it is not covered with gross inversion. I knew the air was bad, but when I was up there, I could see just how terrible it was! There was a cloud of stuff just sitting in the valley.... ick! I know that it's not completely gone, but it's nice to see the sky again!
Another crazy thing the inversion brought was fog. Yesterday in the morning was kind of foggy, but really not to bad. But last night I had to go run some errands and I was blown away by how think the fog was!! While I was walking about to my car, I kind of felt like I was in the middle of a scary movie!! It was pretty eerie!!

In school related news, I have two weeks behind me, and they really weren't to bad. My online class is awesome, mostly because the assignments involve watching TV and live theatre! And I really like my digital photography! I still wish I had an awesome SLR camera, but I'm working with what I have. My internship is........ interesting. Things are just done really really differently there so it's going to take some getting used to. The only other problem with it..... I think that the kids have already gotten me sick. I'm not sure if it's that or the yucky air!! I have so many things to start planning, and that feels kind of overwhelming, but it's nice to know the end is getting closer!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

That is crazy about all the fog! Luckily, we aren't too bad down here. I am so jealous of your photography class! And even more jealous you will be done with school soon.
I am going to try and come to the shower on Saturday. We are coming up and have a few errands and stuff to do, but I really want to come and support her and see her. So I hope I can make it!