Monday, January 26, 2009

Freaking Out

I know I have mentioned this before, but I'm going to say it again. I hate, I mean absolutely HATE driving in the snow!! I honestly don't know how much longer I can take it! We have been so lucky and haven't had snow in awhile and I have been loving it. So today when the snow was coming down, I was, needless to say, very very unhappy about it!
I had my internship today so I had to drive all the way down to 3300 S and West Temple. I knew the roads would probably be bad, so I gave myself extra time and left my house at about 7:20. Well, the roads sucked! It was slushy and icy and I didn't feel safe going any faster than 20 mphs. Well, other people, especially people in large trucks and SUVs, don't really like that. So every one keep going around me and cutting me off! It was terrible! When I only at 7800 S and Redwood Road at 7:45 I knew I couldn't take it any more! So I drove to the closest Trax station and had to pay to ride (I forgot my stupid pass at home).

I don't know what my problem is. Honestly I have never been so scared of driving in the snow. But lately I just panic. I don't even know how to explain it, but I really get terrified when I have to drive in it. I get really tense and when I get where I am going my back and neck are killing me (probably from being so tense). There are so many times (like this morning) that I just want to pull over and start crying and call someone, anyone, to come and pick me up!
I really, really, really wish I had to money to buy a car with AWD and snow tires. I really think I am going to have to do some majoring figuring out because I cant take my crappy little car much longer!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yuck!! I HATE the snow too! HATE.

But yay for Zupas on Friday. :)

Dani said...

oh man. girl i totally know what you mean!! i never used to have a problem, but recently i almost got into a REALLY bad car accident and prob would've died. ever since then i'm terrified too. i understand your fear. :o( i'm sorry. it sucks. good luck!!

ps: i literally live right off 3300 s and west temple. lol!!