Thursday, May 27, 2010

Little Things People Say

First off I need to thank everyone that gave me for suggestions for finding yellow shoes!!
Cheri, THANK YOU so much for the links!! I actually bought the shoes from Debs!! I love them!! The only thing is I found out her sister is wearing the exact same shoes! I know she probably wont care at all but it would be fun if we all had different shoes!! So I think I am totally going to get those ones from Wet Seal!! THANKS again for the suggestion!! I wouldn't have thought to even try there!!

So the other day I had to run into Kohls to pick something up. As I was walking in a cute little lady walking past me said "oh my, you look so lovely with your pale skin and dark hair!"
Wow! I have never, EVER had any one say something like that to me so sincerely!! And she was a stranger!! What an awesome old lady!! She totally made my day!!

On Tuesday night I went to my kickboxing class at Golds Gym. The teacher that is usually there has been really sick, so we had a sub. This lady is awesome!! She works you out like crazy and I am literally dripping with sweat after we have warmed up!! But I always feel fantastic at the end!!
That night we were doing lunges across the room while carrying a weight lifting bar! We had done two sets already with cardio and bicep presses in between and we were now on our last set of lunges!! I thought my legs were going to fall right off!! But the teacher looked right at me and said "you are doing so awesome!! I don't think you know how well you are doing!! You are doing great!"

It made me feel so good about myself!! It's amazing how somethings the little things people say to us, so sincerely and so genuinely, can make our day!! I need to be better about this!! I need to remember how I feel when someone pays me a complement!! I should want to share that feeling with others!!

And now just another quick story about that crazy hard kickboxing class........ I am not even kidding! It is crazy intense!! We do all kinds of kicking and punching and we even do some partner stuff that is awesome!! And like I said, I usually feel ready to be done within the first 15 minutes but then something like this comes on:



It totally gives me motivation to kick higher and punch harder!! It's awesome!! Are you ready to go run a mile now?!?! That's always how I feel after I hear that song!!

No comments: