Sunday, September 19, 2010

Let The Road Trip Begin

Our trip started with an 11 hour drive to California!! It really wasn't that bad though!! We had lots of junk food to eat and Disney music to listen too!! We also listened to lots of Glee music!! I have never watched the show, but the music is great!! We only had to make a few stops, including a stop in Barstow for gas and this sweet 16 oz Dr Pepper!!

We spent the night at Miranda's uncles house in Whittier. Cutest little house ever!! It's on the fun little lane, surrounded by lots of trees and bushes so it's hidden from the main rode! And they have a lemon tree and peach tree in the front yard!! Her uncle was SO nice and took us out to dinner that night at a really good Mexican restaurant called El Cholo!! Yum!!! We had a lot of fun staying there!! The next morning we woke up and went shopping in downtown Whittier!! I haven't been to many places around Los Angeles............... we usually spend most of our time in the Anaheim area around Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach, so I wasn't sure what to expect from Whittier! I loved it though!! I didn't see tons of the city, but what I saw was really cute!!
I got a lot of fun stuff that day including some Madden Girl shoes for only $20 and a really cute belt from a store I know we don't have here!!

After lunch at Chili's we headed down to Huntington Beach! I was REALLY hoping to make it to the Santa Monica Pier, since I have never been........... but I was out voted. It's okay though because I LOVE Huntington Beach and it's wonderful pier!! It was too bad that we already ate or I would have loved to eat at Rubys!! Best fries ever!! We mostly just walked along the pier and sat on a bench and watched the surfers! We never actually made it down the the sand and water........ another thing I was pretty sad about since I seriously love to walk along the beach, look for shells, and put my feet in the water!!

But I did get to stop at my favorite surf shop to buy a pair of my most favorite flip flops!!!


After that, it was just a short drive to Anaheim to check into the awesome Disneyland Hotel!! I lost my keys the first 5 minutes we were there, so I got to go on an awesome adventure to the basement to check out the lost and found!! Don't worry, they totally had my keys!! THANK GOODNESS!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

how fun! i love the beach.. looks so pretty. and btw, you are looking fabulous my friend!!