Thursday, December 15, 2011

O Christmas Trees

I love Christmas trees!!
This year I was to impatient to wait for Thanksgiving to be
over and I put my tree up the weekend before!!

I put the tree up all by myself, lights and all!
I did end up with lots of scratches on my arms
and a watery eye {after I stabbed myself with a branch}
but it was all worth it!
I have the lights on a timer and it's so great to walk
in my front door after work and see the tree glowing!!
There is just something wonderful about the
glow of a Christmas tree!!!

Another reason I love getting out the tree is to see all
of the decorations!! I am an ornament collector!
I like to buy something new to hang on the tree anytime
I go on vacation. I love unwrapping all of the ornaments
and remembering the places I went and the people I was
with when I got them.
Like this awesome cable car I got when I went with my
best friend Lacey to San Francisco!!

Or this cute palm tree I bought on a California vacation
with Christine and Mari!!

And I love getting this ornament out of its small box!!
It reminds me of the time I went with Chicago with my
mom to see Wicked!!

This one is awesome!! I got it at the San Diego zoo on a road
trip with my friend Tiffany. It's made out of elephant poop!!
Yes, you read that right!! Poop!!

And of course there are a number of ornaments that remind me
of my trip to Europe!!

And no tree of mine would be complete without
all of my Disneyland ornaments!! I think there
are more Disney ornaments on the tree than
anything else!!!

I also wanted to make our mantle look fun and
Christmasy!! I love Christmas lights and knew that I
wanted the mantle to be covered in white lights!
This is what I can up with!!

But one Christmas tree just wasn't enough!!!
I am at work ALL day and needed something I
could enjoy in my office!! So I put up my
black, white and red tree!!!


And then I decided that two trees just wasn't going to
cut it this year!! So I put one up in my bedroom!!

How could I resist the pearl like garland!! I HAD to have it!!

And I love the little, sparkly snowflakes!!

But these silver word might just be my favorite!!


And one last picture......
because you can never have enough Christmas lights!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! Next year you are coming to my house, I'll let you decorate and I'll "help" (I'll stand there in awe of your skills!)

Tiffany said...

Your place looks so cute Amanda. I need to come see it. You are so good at decorating.

Amanda and Chad said...

i am obsessed with all your ornaments! how fun to collect one every time you travel somewhere. paislee loved your disney one :) very pretty trees- i think staring at a christmas tree all day is one of the best parts of the holiday!