Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye 2011

MY 2011...
Check out last year if you are bored!!


1.What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before? Sang in an institute choir. Went to the Festival of Color. And visited Disneyland and DisneyWorld in the same year!



2.Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year? Do I EVER keep my resolutions? Man, I am lame on this one!!  

 
3.Did anyone close to you give birth? Oh my gosh!! It has seriously been the year of the baby! Where do I even start!! My friend Amanda had a little girl in January, two of my cousins had boys in March and April. And speaking of April.... My friend Rachel had a little girl and my friend Tiffany had twins! My cousins wife had a little boy in May. Lara had one of the most adorable babies ever in August. And Becky, Rachel and Jill all had girls in November!


4.Did anyone close to you die? I had to put my kitty to sleep in September. Not fun!


5.What countries did you visit? Mexico, Norway, China, Japan, Italy, England, France..... Okay... so I didn't really go to the countries..... but I did visit their pavilions at Epcot!!


6.What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? More money in my savings account!!  




7.What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory, and why? Going to the final movie premier of Harry Potter with my friend Danielle!! We have been seeing those movies together since they came out and it was so much fun to be there with her when it all came to and end!!



8.What was your biggest achievement of the year? Singing at a CES fireside given by President Packer!! I became a YouTube star!!

9.What was your biggest failure? Failing to get out of debt :0(

10.Did you suffer illness or injury? Ear problems in July... who gets an ear infection in July?!? And a cold just in time for my December vacation!





11.What was the best thing you bought? An awesome yellow baking dish!!! Seriously, it is fantastic!!


12.Whose behavior merited celebration? My parents!! They do SO much for our family!! I am SO appreciative of all they do for me!!


13.Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Snookie {she is so white trash!} Arnold  S, and Casey Anthony {I totally think she's guilty} 



14.Where did most of your money go? Where is always goes.... bills bills bills  

 15.What did you get really, really, really excited about? Kindle books from the library!



16.What song will always remind you of 2011? Good Life by OneRepublic

17.Compared to this time last year, are you:
i.happier or sadder? About the same
ii.thinner or fatter? Sadly, I'm pretty sure I'm fatter!!
iii.richer or poorer? About the same




18.What do you wish you'd done more of? Gone to the gym 


19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying about what other people think!  

 
20.How will you be spending The New Year? I think I'm having dinner at The Olive Garden and then heading over to Miranda and Stacy's to exchange Christmas gifts, eat fondue and watch movies!!

22.Did you fall in love in 2011? No... still as lame as ever!!

 
23.Did you attend any concert/musicals/theatre/cultural events? I changed this question! It used to be "How many one night stands?" Well, that answer was always going to be NONE which made it a pretty boring question! So, I decided to change it and came up with my something of my own!!
I went to California in March to see Wicked! I saw The Little Mermaid and Grease down at Tuacahn in June. And I went to OneRepublic and Taylor Swift concerts!


24.What was your favorite TV program? Criminal Minds, Drop Dead Diva, and The Big Bang Theory




25.Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Not that I can think of!

26.What was the best book you read? I Am Number Four, Mr Darcy Broke My Heart, and The Help


 27.What was your greatest musical discovery? Mat Kearney, Emerson Hart and Boyce Avenue


28.What did you want and get? Tickets to see Wicked in 2012!! THANK Magen!!


29.What did you want and not get? Not gonna lie on this one... I was hoping that Mr Right would show up.......



30.What was your favorite film of this year?  The Help was amazing!! And of course the finally Harry Potter!! Other favorites: Soul Surfer, In Time, Breaking Dawn part 1 and Sherlock Holmes!!



31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to the Cheesecake Factory with my mom and sisters! Did some shopping! And opened presents and had cake and ice cream at my parents house! Oh and I turned 26!! Ahhh!! I'm on the downhill side to 30!!


 32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being debt free!!  


33.How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? I feel like I pretty much wear the same things!! I still love pearl jewelry and getting dressed up! I also love a good pair of sweats!  

34.What kept you sane? I hate this question...... I think I might have to change it because I never have a good answer!! The best I can come up with is venting to friends!!

35.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Matthew Gray Gubler!!


36.What political issue stirred you the most? The debt ceiling thing was out of control! I kind of feel like our government is falling apart! I am so tired of the stupid parties... why do we really have to be one or the other? I just don't understand how the two groups cannot get a long to do what is best for the entire nation. There were so many times this year when all I could think was "Our founding father would be so ashamed of us right now." They worked so hard to build our country and I feel like our current leaders are doing nothing but tearing us down!! 
Okay..... I'll get off my political soap box now!! 
Also all of the new GOP stuff that is going on in preparation for next years election. I've said it before and I'll say it again..... I hate how election time always turns into mud slinging time..... not looking forward to all of that in 2012!
 37.Who did you miss? I missed my friend Christine for most of the year! She was serving a mission in AZ and got home in November!! So glad she is back!!

38.Who are your favorite people that you met this year? Charmaine Grimm, Emily Earle, Lisa Johnson, Jamie Young!! Due the the ward changes in the spring I have met so many great new people!! Those are just a few of the great people I've met this year!!

39. Quote a song lyric that accurately summarizes this year.“She would change everything, for happy ever after. Caught in the in between, of beautiful disaster."

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

so when i first read your #5 i was like WHAT? how did i miss all that? she went to all those places!! haha, good trick!
what a fun survey, and fun to look back on each year... and really mandi, ZERO one night stands?!! BORING!!! bahhh! Lol! how trashy that that is even a question!