Sunday, January 22, 2012

Confession of a Bad Utahan

Have I ever told you how I feel about seeing the lights at Temple Square?
I will probably sound like a horrible Utahan for saying this but.......
It's not my favorite winter time activity!! 
I know, I know..... I'm a horrible person!! I've even said
that if my one day fiance asks me to marry him on Temple Square
during the lights I swear I would say NO! 
Okay.... I probably wouldn't say no..... 
But I would probably hold it against him for awhile!! 
I swear that this same tree is red Every.Single.Year!!!!

My ward decided to go up this year for one of our FHE activities
and for whatever reason, it wasn't as boring as years past! 
Maybe it's because we were only there for about 20 minutes....
Or it could have been that the weather was exceptional mild and I
wasn't freezing to death like normal! 
And I have to admit.......
The lights on the temple are pretty beautiful!! Especially the 
floating lights on the reflecting pool!! 


After the lights my roommates and I gathered around our
Christmas tree to exchange gifts and take pictures!! Hooray
for self timers!!! 

3 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

i have to laugh at this because i really feel the same way! mostly i dislike it because of the cold weather. i think the lights are really pretty and i would love for paislee & claira to see them one day, but sadly, it probably won't be with their mom.. because i'm too much of a wimp to walk around for hours with my toes & fingers numb with ice!!!

Amanda and Chad said...

btw- you look fantastic! lovin' your white hat.. so classy!

Unknown said...

it wouldn't suck so muck if there weren't so many people. crowds of people suck. the end.