Friday, January 20, 2012

Flash Back Friday: Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 was pretty low key. Instead of doing the normal Christmas thing with lots and lots of presents we decided to go on vacation instead. I LOVED it!! It was so nice to not worry about making a list and stress about what to get everyone!! If I had my way we would do a Christmas vacation every year!!! 

It was also really nice that Christmas fell on a Sunday. It was wonderful going to sacrament meeting in the morning to celebrate the birth of Christ. I went to my parents ward and their program was beautiful. Especially when they did Silent Night. My sister actually played the violin and another ward member played his guitar. The cute primary kids sang the first verse and then the congregation got to join in for the last verses. I don't know what it is about that song but I LOVE singing it with a group of people. I always brings the spirit and makes me cry!! It was truly my favorite moment of the day!

We spent the rest of the day with both sides of the family! It was great to see and spend time with family and we also ate lots of yummy food!!

After being with extended family we went back to my parents house to exchange the gifts that we had bought each other. 








It was not your typical Christmas but I loved it!!! 



1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea of doing a vacation together instead of gifts!!!! what a perfect way to make memories! you have a great family...i just adore your parents :)