Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

Mardi Gras, for some reason, always makes me think of masquerade balls!! Maybe because that is the way the French and Italians celebrate it! I think it sounds like a much better way to celebrate the day... as opposed to getting drunk and flashing strangers for cheap beads!   Ever since middle school I have wanted to attend as masquerade ball, or at least dress that way on Halloween!! It even says so in one of my year books!! Have I ever done it though? Nope!

There is just something so mysterious about the whole thing! Everyone is brightly colored masks, the women in beautiful dresses, the dancing!! I would love the get dressed up like that for a night!! It reminds me of Phantom of the Opera or Romeo and Juliet!! Very romantic!
Maybe someday......
I kick myself all the time for not bringing home one of these treasures from Italy!! What and idiot I was!! I bought one for a friend for her birthday and carefully packed it away so it would make it home safe! It wasn't until I was giving her the gift that I realized how dumb I was for not buying one for myself!! I guess that means I just need to get back over there so I can fix my mistake!

2 comments:

allypallyslife.blogspot.com said...

We should totally plan a ball!!!! Or go to one. I'll research! It should be way fun and I'm totally down. :)

Angee Dandy said...

amanda! i totally just got back from new orleans with my very own mask. it looks very similar to the blue one you have posted here but its orange instead. i was there in new orleans during the start of mardi gras visiting my man-friend and it was a total booze-fest. i was not at all impressed. my man-friend did inform me that that is not how other places celebrate carnival... thank goodness.. lol