Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Feelin The Burn

Last night I went to kickboxing at Gold's Gym! I LOVE that kickboxing class! The teacher is awesome and the energy in the room is great and keeps me motivated!

Our teacher does a lot of interval stuff which is really good for your heart and for burning calories. We usually start off with a warm up which gets your heart rate going and then we stretch and let our heart rates lower. Then we get into the punching, kicking and jumping!!

Half way through the class she does some kind of strength training stuff. One of things she does the most is walking lunges. These things were pretty tough when I first started doing them and my form was pretty awful! But after weeks of doing them every Tuesday I got pretty dang good!

Well, it's been awhile since be did walking lunges. We have been doing stuff with the step, or with free weights or with partners. So last night when we did walking lunges, I was dying before we were even half way through! To make it worse, we were RUNNING in between. We'd have to do walking lunges across the floor and then run across the floor 3 times. I HATE to run.... HATE it! It seriously kills me! After three sets of walking lunges and running in between our teacher told us we were going to run for 1 minute! My thought was shoot me know!!
Writing this out it totally makes me sound like the biggest wimp!! But walking lunges are hard people!! Plus I was carrying 8 pound weights and during bicep curls at the same time!! The running was no fun... especially when the cute little 9 year old girl was racing my teacher and they were sprinting from one side of the room to the other!! It was all I could do to keep my legs moving!! Oh the have the energy of a 9 year old!

After the cardio workout we do abs for a couple minutes. Last night we did them on the ball. I like the ball.... I think! I just have a hard time staying ON it! After abs she had us all sit on the floor and hold the ball in between our knees/thighs. We had to squeeze the ball as hard as we could for 1 minute. HOLY COW, it was hard!! My legs were shaking, but luckily I wasn't the only one!!
So between those two workouts I am feeling it today!! Which really is a good thing!!
I have been so awful lately about going to the gym regularly and I have not been eating very good either!! I haven't stepped on a scale in awhile because I am scared of what it will tell me!! I worked SO hard last year to lose a bunch of weight and now I am worried I have gained most of it back.
No good!
I keep telling myself that I will start next week, or next month. And then it doesn't happen. I hate it.... but for some reason I just kind find the motivation to get back to the gym every night and to put away the Oreos!!
But spring and summer are coming and I want to break out the cute shirt, skirts, and capris so I better get on it quick!!

P.S. ALLISON!!! I think it would be SO awesome to go to masque ball somewhere or to host one of our own!! I would totally do it with you!!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You are awesome! I haven't worked out in so long, and this post made me feel guilty. haha. So thanks! :)

Amanda and Chad said...

i remember in the aerobics class in high school she made us do those lounges and the next day i would be more sore than i had ever been in my life! wow, i can still remember the pain. maybe i need to start doing some lounges. Sounds like a fun class you take though. i would totally go with you if i lived close. i need to start exercising now that i have the ok from my dr. oh, and that picture of the sit ups on the ball cracks me up because i can totally picture myself falling off the ball when trying to do the sit up like you said! ha ha!