Friday, June 3, 2011

False Hopes and a Piece of Paradise

As part of my job I have get to visit car dealerships and meet with their financial people. Today was one of those days. Sometimes I feel really bad going.... the salesman sit in cars or chairs right as you are pulling into the dealership just waiting to flag you down! I can see the hope on their faces when I pull in thinking that I could possibly be a sale! And then their commission dreams are shattered when I tell them I am just here to talk to the finance guy! It's even worse when there is more than one salesman out there and you can see two or three of them fighting over who gets to help me by a car!! The poor guy that wins..... I can just see him walking back to his buddies and saying "That one didn't count! She's just from a credit union! I still get the next one!"

There is a silver lining to the dealer visit thing though.... treats! Sometimes I get to take the dealers treats as a "thank you" for the deals they've sent to us.
Today's treats: Paradise Bakery cookies!!


The whole drive over I told myself "You will NOT buy a cookie for yourself! You do not need it!"
I was in total control! Then I though to myself "But sometimes they have those FANTASTIC Lemon Zest cookies. They are like a special edition cookie or something because they very rarely have them..... how can you turn one of those down?" So I made a deal with myself; I wouldn't buy a cookie unless they just happened to have the Lemon Zest kind.
Well.............you guessed it... they totally had the Lemon Zest cookies today! And so I HAD to buy one! I cant go back on a deal with myself!!!!
If you haven't had them, you should go and get one! I am usually all about the chocolate, but these things are so full of lemoney goodness that I totally pick them over the Coconut Chocolate Chip!! Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

dammit, now I want a cookie!!

Amanda and Chad said...

k, a lemon zest cookie sounds AMAZING right now! yum, i have never had one and now i think i need to go find one and try!

your story about the salesmen cracks me up. chad was a car salesman when he first got home from his mission so i know all the stories.. you hit it right on the head with how they feel when someone pulls up (and doesn't actually want to look around). so funny!!