Thursday, June 23, 2011

Under The Desert Sea

This past weekend my family went down to St George for a weekend getaway! We did all kinds of fun things and a post about it is coming soon {as soon as I get pictures off of some other cameras}.
One of my favorite things we did though was see the shows at Tuacahn. Just in case you don't know what Tuacahan is, I'll explain it to you. It's seriously one of the BEST ideas someone has EVER had!! It's an outdoor theater built in the middle of a red rock canyon!
The views are amazing! The stage is huge! And there is a very cool background waterfall!!
This seasons shows are The Little Mermaid and Grease. My favorite was The Little Mermaid, hands down!! The boys didn't want to see that show with us so it was just a girls night out for my mom, Hayley, Kaylee and I! We had so much fun together taking pictures before and after the show!

We had really awesome seats!! The center section in the center of the row!! And the temperature was perfect for the entire show!
Want to know why they are all smiling so big in the picture above? Because I had just fallen off my chair right before we turn this picture!! :0)
The show was AMAZING!! I wish picture taking was allowed! I tried so many different Google searches to see if anyone else took some but I couldn't find any at all!!
The show started with the waterfall behind the stage flowing down and flooding the stage! Yes, water all over the stage! Which looked even more awesome when the huge ship came out and they sang "Fathoms Below."
There was lots of water, the costumes were colorful and some of them even lit up! Ursula had a really cool costume that I am still trying to figure out how it worked!! There were some new songs that I thought were fantastic and the guy that played Sebastian had an awesome accent!! I loved it!!
Flotsom and Jetsom the electric eels!! They did such a good job and had some crazy high kicks!


I had so much fun with these ladies! I would definitely love to see it again!



1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

i'm mad at you for saying little mermaid was your favorite!! ha ha! i am so mad i didn't go see it. i loved grease, but i have heard that mermaid was just amazing and your pictures are making me jealous.i just might have to go see little mermaid before it ends. i think tuacahn is just amazing!