Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eat More Chikin

I am trying to be better about cooking real dinners for myself! I found this really awesome cookbook called "Table For One" that has some really great recipes in it. I finally tried one this week!! Citrus chicken!! 
1 piece of chicken {4-6 oz}
Dash of salt and pepper
1 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey
Dash of cloves

Heat grill to medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, honey and cloves. Bring the mixture to a boil and keep at a boil, stirring constantly for 1-3 minutes or until syrupy. 
Apply glaze to finished meat. 


The only problem with this recipe.... I don't have a grill!! So I made the sauce, marinated the piece of chicken over night, and then baked it in the oven! I was kind of nervous about tasting it..... but I was pleasantly surprised!! When I make it again I will probably add a little more lemon juice and a little less honey!! I also think it would be yummy with a dash of nutmeg!! 

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

that sounds so yummmmy!! i'm seriously considering making this tonight. thanks for sharing!