Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Good Time-Good People

July 24th weekend in Utah is a time to celebrate!! We honor the pioneers that entered the Salt Lake Valley that day so many years ago!! Because I work for a federal institution I wasn't 100% sure I'd get the day off! But, my work was kind enough to close that day and I was able to have an awesome weekend!

FRIDAY:
My friend Emily had some free tickets to the Days of '47 Rodeo so we headed down to the Maverick Center to watch the events! I'm not a huge rodeo fan {I sit and worry if the animals are terrified about whats going on or that a cowboy is going to get speared by a bull.....} but it really was fun!! And I always have a blast hanging out with Emily!
The cowboys did a great job {and nobody got speared}!
The only that could have made it better would have been some Mutton Bustin'! I think that is my most favorite rodeo even!! Oh! And as an added bonus we got free loaves of Sara Lee bread after the show!! Sweet!!
We also went and saw Larry Crowne that night!! Hilarious!!

SATURDAY:
Saturday started bright and early. I considered skipping out on this days fun {because I was so tired} but I decided I didn't want to miss out!
We went up to the Uintah mountains for a day of 4-wheeling with my Uncle Rob and Aunt Terri.
{My sister and I just before starting out on our 6 mile ride}
{My mom even drove one of the 4-wheelers by herself!! Usually she is just the passenger}

Our first ride was really fun and very rocky!! But it was worth it because the views we got to see were amazing! The Uintah mountains are seriously gorgeous!!!
There were pretty little streams every where and lots of flowers and everything was green!!
One of our stops was to a beautiful meadow {I had a few Bambi flashbacks while there}. I am not a huge outdoor person {I know.... That's probably a taboo in this state!!} but I thought it would be awesome to have a cabin on the edge of that meadow and to wake up in the morning and look out at its beauty!!
And then the mosquitoes started swarming like crazy.... and I remembered why I'm not a mountain girl!
After lunch we went on another ride. It was a whole lot smoother and the scenery got even prettier!!
Fields and fields of beautiful wild flowers! The crazy wet winter/spring we had may not have been so pleasant while we were going through it, but I don't think we would have seen so many flowers if we hadn't received all that moisture!!
I think the fields of yellow flowers were my most favorite!!
It was a great day and I'm so glad I went!! I think we ended up riding over 40 miles that day and we even got to see some deer!!


MONDAY:
My mom, my sister, her friend Katie and I decided to head up to Logan to spend the day with some more of our family. All was going well..... until we hit Brigham City.... and then the car broke down!

We were SO lucky though because my dad has a co-worker who lives in BC and he came to our rescue. He was was so nice and so helpful and even let us use his car for the rest of the day!!
{A bonus of breaking down in BC was stopping at the Big O Tires to drop of the car which is right next to the new temple!! So pretty!}
One of the things we did in Logan was watch their parade. A huge thank you to my cousin Kandi and her family for saving us spots, in the shade, since we were running late!! The parade wasn't anything spectacular but it was still fun to get out of the valley and see something different. They did have this really sweet "float" though promoting gymnastics! They had a big trampoline on the back of a big flat bed truck and they had people doing all kinds of crazy flips and tricks!!

The best part of the day though was going to The Bluebird for lunch! I LOVE that place!! If you have never been and you just happen to be passing through Logan, Utah you definitely should stop! Their sweet and sour chicken is delicious!! And they bring you lots of homemade rolls that are so soft and yummy!! Ahhh!! I love that place!! Plus their in a little chocolate counter at the front of the store so you can stop for a treat on the way out!!
{Kaylee, Katie & my Mom}
{My cousin Kandi and her husband Raymond}
{My Aunt Linda and Uncle Greg}
{Me and my cousin Lindsey}

A big thank you to Linda, Greg, Kandi and Raymond for letting us come up and hang out with you!!
After lunch we went to see Lindsey's cute little apartment and then we went for Aggie ice cream!! That stuff if famous! And SO good!! But..... because of the holiday it was closed!! So so disappointed!!!

Monday night I went to Park City with my ward for FHE and had so much fun! We started the night out with a fire and roasted marshmallows and Starbursts!! My friend Emily had suggested a new s'more to me and I finally got a chance to try it out......


Reese's peanut butter cup s'more!! Delicious!!!

We ended up getting rained out, but the family who's house we were at was nice enough to invite us into their home and got out all kinds of games for us to play! I don't want to brag or anything but...... I was the Apples to Apples champ at the end of the night!! Wahoo!!

It was a great weekend and I had so much fun spending time all over the state with so many great people!! I am now officially counting down to the next long holiday weekend in September!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

You did not just post a REESES SMORE!?!? HOLY COW, that looks Amazingly YUM!! i'm gonna have to go build a fire just to try one.
looks like you had a fun, eventful weekend. i love the 24th!