Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taking It Personal

Have you ever done one of those color personality tests?
I used to always say that I was light green.... I felt like I was an even mix of all the colors, with the exception of red!
Awhile ago at work they had us take the test and then had an inservice to go over what our colors meant. When I told our trainer what my colors were she told me "You are one of those crazy people!"

The reason she said that?

I have two conflicting color personalities! My test came back and showed that I am a BLUE/YELLOW {my white score was 3 points to low to really be considered part of my personality.....}
Blues are supposed to be complete opposites of yellows, just like reds are totally opposite of whites!!
And my trainer is right!! I am completely crazy!!
The blue part of me want things organized and in order all the time!! I like things to be alphabetized and grouped accordingly! I have an obsession with containers..... I like all of my stuff to be in different shaped containers, stacked and displayed nicely.

But......

The yellow part of me never makes my bed! And it lets my room get messy! And it makes me throw clothes over a chair instead of hanging them up!!
So.... my room ends up being a disaster! But all my DVDs are in alphabetical order! And my closest and drawers are all nicely neat and organized!!

The blue part of me likes to keep to myself!! A lot of times I think I am totally anti-social!! The blue part makes me want to plan everything out. And I am definitely a chart/list maker!!

But......

The yellow part of me want to be crazy and spontaneous!! It wants to be friends with everyone and wants everyone to like me!! The yellow part of my personality wants to be the center of attention in a group!
This is probably the area where having a crazy conflicting color personality is the hardest!! Part of my head is saying "Just sit back, enjoy the company, you don't really have to input anything into the conversation..." while the other part of me is screaming "Just be silly. Just go talk to those people. So what if you don't know them!"
It seriously can be so hard and frustrating at times because I feel like I am fighting with myself!!

I was reading a friends blog and she had a link to another personality test! I decided to try it out and see if it says I'm as crazy and the color ones says I am!
I don't know what the typical results are for this kind of personality test.... but I had three areas that all had the exactly same score!!
I knew it..... I'm crazy!!
This is what the website told me:

Type Two

The Helper
The caring, interpersonal type. Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.
{I am totally a people pleaser!! And I am super sentimental!}

Type Four

The Individualist
The introspective, romantic type. Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

{Moody... yes, that describes me well and self-conscious.... me to a T!!}

Type Six

The Loyalist
The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.

 
{I think I totally thrive on stress and I definitely complain about it! And indecisive! I am SO indecisive that I frustrate myself sometimes!!}
I thought they were pretty interesting and surprisingly accurate!!
What color or type are you?


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I am BRIGHT RED in the color test :) Always! haha.

I tried your other test though, and it was interesting. I felt like it was really hard to take! Like I couldn't decide. BUT it told me I am Type 5, The Investigator, the one that wants to understand everything, and always asks why. Yeah... that's so me! haha

Amanda and Chad said...

what an interesting post! loved it! and you are hilarious! i can't believe that you always score like that.. how funny. on the color test, i always come up RED. i like to be in control :). but seriously, i always have such a hard time with those tests because i think each situation is totally different. ya know? because the way i am at home with my family or at work or in a friend environment are completely different in the way i act. does that make sense or just sound crazy? lol. i took your test and was Type8... i dont' know if i agree or not.. like i said, it really just depends on the situation!