Saturday, September 10, 2011

All Kitties Go To Heaven

I've known this day was coming for awhile...... but that doesn't make it any easier!
I'm sure that it may seem over dramatic and lame....... especially if you are not an animal lover or pet person. 

I remember picking my kitty up in December and bringing him home. 
It was dark outside,I was only about 8 or 9 and I held him on my lap. 
He was all white. So the perfect name for him was Snowball. 
As he got bigger he got some light brown coloring on his face!
And his tail had little tan rings.
So I tried to rename is Popcorn.
It didnt work out! He was always my Snowball!



He truly was one of my greatest friends. 
He loved me unconditionally, at all times. 
And I loved him just as much!! 



I loved the way he would drink water out of his paws.
I loved how he would try to sneak into the house any chance he got.

I loved that watch him jump on the cars and get stuck in the rafter of the garage. 
I loved that he kept the mice away. He would bring dead rodents to our door step, 
so proud of himself. 




I loved to watch him roll around of the driveway.
I loved how excited he'd get when we'd feed him special treats!

I loved to brush his fur in the summer. And loved how relaxed he look while I bushed him. 
I loved that he would answer whenever I called.
I loved the way he would let me snuggle him when I had a bad day.
I loved when he would stretch out his front legs up by my ears, almost like he was 
giving me a hug.
I loved the way he'd bump my chin with his head, like he was saying I love you.



It was rough taking him to the vet yesterday and saying goodbye. 
I was truly hoping that he would just go on his own and that I wouldn't have to
make the decision to let him go.  
But I know he's happy now. 



We didn't bring him home and bury him in the backyard. 
It would have been to hard for me!
But, the vet did tell us they after he is cremated, they will sprinkle his ashes
over an orchard in Lehi. And that makes me happy! 
I really believe that animals go to heaven.
And I look forward to the day when I can pet him again. 



P.S. I'm am sorry for the picture over load!! 

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

so sorry about your cute little kitty! saying goodbye is always hard no matter who it is. the only thing i remember about your cat is how it & amber's cat got in a fight once.. haha, and you were both mad at eachother because of it.

Nicole said...

Oh Amanda, I'm so sorry! Saying goodbye to animals is so hard, and cats are so awesome. I'm glad he's not sick anymore though! Hugs!