Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweet Sunday

I love going to my parents house on Sunday afternoons! It's nice to spend time with everyone, just relaxing! We play games, chat and sometime watch Drop Dead Diva {LOVE that show}! But one of the best things we do is make treats!! Sunday just isn't Sunday without a treat!! A couple Sunday's ago we tried something new. I don't know if there is a technically name for it, but my first thought when I saw it was 'The Ultimate Ultimate Dessert."
I wish I could remember exactly where I found it so I could give you a link, but I cant.... sorry!! Thank goodness  it's nice and simple!!

First, make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe using slightly less flour than you normally would. Spread it evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.

 Second, layer your cookie dough with Oreo's!

Third, make a box brownie mix according to the directions on the package and then pour over the cookie dough and Oreo's!! 

Now bake it at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes!! I think we actually baked ours for a lot longer than that. The edges were done but the middle was still not fully cooked! So I had to put tin foil over it and keep it in the oven until a toothpick came out mostly clean. There were still some spots that were a little gooey, but it made it that much more delicious!! 

And finally, top your Ultimate Ultimate Dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot fudge!! Mmmm!!



2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

amaazzzzing!! WOW! that looks incredible and now my mouth is watering. i am writing this down and definitely will try it! can't wait! thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I think I better try this soon. That looks positively delicious!