Tuesday, October 14, 2008

$$$

Life is so expensive…… especially the life of a college student. Sometimes I don’t know why I was ever so excited to be a grown up, because paying bills as an adult is no fun at all.
I’m trying work up the courage to ask my boss if I can work more hours on days I don’t have school because I really need the money! But, with the economy being as crazy as it is, I am scared to ask. I guess the worst she could say is no….. but that would be pretty bad and then I would probably have to go get a job as a door greeter at Wal-Mart or something.
So to try to get a little bit of extra income I have started “my own business.” I have become a Scentsy seller. I’m doing it is just for fun, and for the extra income. I don’t want to be really pushy or crazy about it, and I definitely don’t want to be one of the obnoxious consultants that never leaves you alone. I’m just hoping that I can get some extra money each month, even if it’s just enough to pay for my gas. So I’m really hoping that it will work out. I have done one party so far and not very many people came, and that was kind of a bummer. So I’m hoping to do another one soon at a time when more people are available!!
And hopefully very very soon I will be brave enough to talking my boss into letting me work more hours!

P.S. There are only 37 days until TWILIGHT!! AHHHH!! I am SO excited!!

3 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH SCENTSY!!! My good friend, Audree, in Cedar City sold them and she got me hooked. I am almost ready for new scents- so PLEASE PLEASE tell me when you have your next party cuz I want to order from you!

Nicole said...

Amanda! You need to just ask Paula! :) Remember when you were all freaked out to ask her about stuff before and she surprised you and was totally okay with it? She might surprise you again!

And Scentsy! I want to try some.. I've never really tried it. We need to get together!

A Date with Pinterest said...

I lovvve scentsy!! I think i'm in need for more scents!!! I think I read that you're having a party... was it on facebook? Or.... I might stop in and order stuff from you! I have the cutest scentsy warmer, and i LOVE it. Let me know how it goes!!