Monday, February 14, 2011

Just "Love"ly

It look me so long to get Valentines decorations out!! I actually just barley put the last of it out today!! Nice huh?!


Remember my obsession with apothecary jars?!? Here is what I did with them!!
I love the jar of purple hearts!! And yes, I recycled some of my Christmas decorations for this project!!
I also really love the white rose under the glass!! It reminded me of Beauty & the Beast!!
Those pink ball things.... SO cool!! They started out teeny tiny but when you soak them water and they expand!

I will most definitely be using these jars some more! But I don't think they will be on the table!! I am thinking about moving them to the mantle!

Remember this wood:


So, I went to Home Depot and got these two long pieces of wood! In my back seat there is a thing that folds down that turns into a cup holder. Behind that there is a door looking thing that I was positive opened into my trunk {probably don't need to mention that I DID NOT test this theory out before heading to the store}.
I bought the wood and carried it out to my car, opened the trunk, pulled down the cup holder.... and then the back panel thing wouldn't move! It does not, and will not ever come down!! Fantastic.......
So now I'm standing in the parking lot with the long pieces of wood and no way to get them to my house! Just awesome!! I was in the process of putting down my passenger seat and trying to put them out the passenger side window when a really awesome guy came over to help!!
THANK GOODNESS for this awesome stranger that came to save the day! He read my owner manual and figured out how to lay my back seat down entirely {I will not mention the fact that in my trunk there are two clearly labeled levers that show the seats folding down}!!

I got the wood to my parents house and my awesome little brother helped me but it into pieces with his awesome hand saw thing!!
Here is what I did with it!!
                                        


I really like them! They are supposed to have ribbon on them..... but, it's V-Day.... today.... so there was no time for ribbon!! They will just have to do!

And finally, I just have to say how AWESOME my parents are!! My mom has always been so great at making Valentines special!! EVERY year she makes up little treat bags for all of us, puts them on the porch, rings the bell and runs away!! So sweet!
This is what she gave me this year! 
 She knows me oh so well!! Cant even describe how much I love her and the sweet things she does!!
And just when I thought she was already the BEST MOM EVER, I got home from work and found this in the mail....
Another Valentine!! It definitely made my day!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

My Amanda friend! I am back in the bloggin world, full swing! I have missed your cute little blog. love this post. What a sweet mom!

Amanda and Chad said...

how cute is your mom!?!? that is the sweetest tradition ever. love it. and your wood craft- holy cow! those are so awesome!! did you make your own stencils for the words? love the designs!